Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sunset Yellow Kia Stinger Repaint Process

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What was everyone's wait once their car arrived at the dealership after being painted? I'm trying to get an idea of how difficult it is to get a field tech and kia representative to schedule a time to inspect the paint job.

It's been about 10 days since the car has been back to the dealership waiting an inspection and still no date of when that will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
fking shit fking news, after 6weeks i called n they told me the shop doesnt do anymore work so they need to move my car to another shop, will have to fking wait all over again....ARE YOU R FKGING KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
what is every1 suggestion? what should i do now, trade or ask for buyback or w/e

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
fking shit fking news, after 6weeks i called n they told me the shop doesnt do anymore work so they need to move my car to another shop, will have to fking wait all over again....ARE YOU R FKGING KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dude, I was having a similar issue. They do not have their act together with this process. I was expecting some hiccups along the way, but some of this is unacceptable.

I've went ahead and begin the repurchase prices. At least I'll get the car back in the meantime.

It doesn't take over two weeks to schedule a time for two people to meet and inspect the car.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Just took delivery of my car after over two months of waiting. The inspectors still had not looked at my car... Ive elected the repurchase option to move on...

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
i have been turned away for a repurchase or a vehicle swap because i signed that paper.... i hope you diddnt sign the same one.
Dude, I was having a similar issue. They do not have their act together with this process. I was expecting some hiccups along the way, but some of this is unacceptable.

I've went ahead and begin the repurchase prices. At least I'll get the car back in the meantime.

It doesn't take over two weeks to schedule a time for two people to meet and inspect the car.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
i have been turned away for a repurchase or a vehicle swap because i signed that paper.... i hope you diddnt sign the same one.
They gave me nothing to sign. I signed no papers, they just gave me the keys, specifically because I started the repurchase process before I took the car. I learned from your experience :/.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Got my car back yesterday. Paint was better than the first attempt but still 4 shades of yellow. I am still going with a replacement car. Kia is working on a Hi Chroma Red with red interior, could take another month to get that worked out. Felt good to get back behind the wheel though after 2 months in a Sorento.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Got my car back yesterday. Paint was better than the first attempt but still 4 shades of yellow. I am still going with a replacement car. Kia is working on a Hi Chroma Red with red interior, could take another month to get that worked out. Felt good to get back behind the wheel though after 2 months in a Sorento.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I didn't know they were still offering red on red in the US. Nice color combo.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I didn't know they were still offering red on red in the US. Nice color combo.
I actually found 2, both GT AWDs. One is on Oregon and the other is on South Dakota.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #92
[MENTION=1636]VelossaTech[/MENTION] is looking for a Yellow Stinger, if you have one send them an email for a chance to win a Fee Big Mouth kit.

Velossa Tech is looking for a Yellow Stinger GT to join our team! We will be accepting applications for sponsorship via email, info@velossatech.com. We will be giving you a FREE BIG MOUTH dual ram air kit that you'll showcase (we know you'll love it), you must be active on social media specifically facebook and instagram and have the instagram account dedicated to your ride, being able to take nice pictures is also a requirement!!

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Has anyone sold their's back to Kia because they weren't happy with the repaint?

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Has anyone sold their's back to Kia because they weren't happy with the repaint?
Yes, I have. Sold it back in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Yes, I have. Sold it back in November.

Did you get something else? What's the process you had to go through?

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Did you get something else? What's the process you had to go through?
I did not get anything else. I simply bought a beater Acura afterwards.

I initiated the buy back and provided all the documentation they asked. After that, took 7 weeks before I turned it in and they cut me a check same day.

Easy in, easy out.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States

I initiated the buy back and provided all the documentation they asked. After that, took 7 weeks before I turned it in and they cut me a check same day.

Easy in, easy out.

Thanks [MENTION=776]sinrule[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Easy in, easy out.

I was wondering where you went, sorry we lost you as a Stinger owner. Hope you do come back one day.[wave]

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I was wondering where you went, sorry we lost you as a Stinger owner. Hope you do come back one day.[wave]
Yeah, me too! Waiting for year 3 to roll around so all of these GT2s reach their residual values.