Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sunset Yellow Kia Stinger Repaint Process

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sent my paperwork in for the replacement vehicle and my case manger Kim forwarded them on to the National Office. Body shop manager keeps calling me, making excuses and wondering what I am doing next. The service manger at my Kia dealer and the regional rep both agree it was a terrible job on the repaint. I also called a friend of mine who's well connected within my city and knows the family that owns Kia dealership (Feldman Kia) to see if he can get them to help this process along. I totally regret doing this at all now, I was having 0 paint issues but that $5K looked to good to pass. Hindsight is 20/20.
Are you getting another Sunset yellow?

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
been exactly 4 weeks, kia australia told me 2 more week to reorder parts pins/bolts,stripping/seal and w/e else need to be replaced because old 1 get loose from taking out, delayed cause of holiday...

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
been exactly 4 weeks, kia australia told me 2 more week to reorder parts pins/bolts,stripping/seal and w/e else need to be replaced because old 1 get loose from taking out, delayed cause of holiday...
Does Kia Australia provide any monetary compensations like they do here in the US?

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
dont think so LOL fml

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Do you still have the rental? I'm thinking about just selling the car back and beginning the process. What does that look like?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I still have the loaner Sorento they gave me! The buyback and replacement process seem like they are time consuming to be honest

Are you getting another Sunset yellow?
No sir, I am gonna try for the Ceramic Silver

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=586]derek0609[/MENTION], do you know yet if they're replacing with a 2018 or a 2019?

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
[MENTION=586]derek0609[/MENTION], do you know yet if they're replacing with a 2018 or a 2019?
The paperwork got pushed up to the National Office on Monday, according to my case manager, and I have yet to hear anything back........

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Some pics that the dealer sent me and I hadn?t posted. Notice the color on driver side compared to the hatch and rear bumper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Some pics that the dealer sent me and I hadn?t posted. Notice the color on driver side compared to the hatch and rear bumper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I would wonder if the guys who painted the car have eyes to see the difference... Then I realized they're probably not getting paid enough to care.

That's a pretty significant difference, I can only imagine how it looks on person under different lighting.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
My guys actually had to paint my car TWICE. The first time the body was lighter than original. I told them to paint it again to get it right. It looks great the second time.

Plus, I had them blend the bumpers lightly to make sure there was no differentiation.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Here was my difference from the first try.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Here was my difference from the first try

I don't trust them to do it again. I am a one shot kinda person. As much as I hate to lose the yellow, I am moving on to another color.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Apparently my car has been back to the dealer for some time awaiting a field tech and Kia Corporate representative to come by and inspect the car before it is released to me following the repaint... I do not know why they need two individuals to line their schedules up to make it work, but this is now the hold up and it's been over 7 weeks waiting for the damned thing.

Also, my Kia rep handling my case has not been returning messages. I'm thinking they've been out of the office or something.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
Is your personalized plate ?jump master??

Sorry your repaint hasn?t gone well. I hope they step up and make it right quickly

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Is your personalized plate ?jump master??

Sorry your repaint hasn?t gone well. I hope they step up and make it right quickly

Yes it is! Good eye! I'm just a ARNG puke (1SG for a rigger Unit) but I enjoy jumping and getting paid for it!

All the replacement paperwork is submitted as well as the receipts for my A/S DWS tires and window tint. The case manager has begun the process of finding another comparable GT AWD. I won't take a white or micro blur car, just not my style. Wish me luck!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
Yes it is! Good eye! I'm just a ARNG puke (1SG for a rigger Unit) but I enjoy jumping and getting paid for it!

All the replacement paperwork is submitted as well as the receipts for my A/S DWS tires and window tint. The case manager has begun the process of finding another comparable GT AWD. I won't take a white or micro blur car, just not my style. Wish me luck!

I did three years on ft Bragg using the chutes you packed. Thanks for doing such a great job. Happy to report they never failed to function when needed

Have you asked about getting a 2019 as a replacement? Supposed to be some new limited color coming out

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I did three years on ft Bragg using the chutes you packed. Thanks for doing such a great job. Happy to report they never failed to function when needed

Have you asked about getting a 2019 as a replacement? Supposed to be some new limited color coming out
All The Way! Thanks for your service, glad all of your chutes worked!

Haven't asked about the 19s, just waiting to see what kinda list she comes back with.

The color is Deep Chroma Blue on the limited Stinger Atlantica. The color wasn't available here in the US last year. I haven't heard a peep about the Atlantica since they announced it back in March.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
And neither have I. LOL