Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sunset Yellow Kia Stinger Repaint Process

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
I don?t know whether to be happy or terrified. Doesnt seem like most have had much luck with the repaint. I?m supposed to get mine back this coming week. It?s been 5 since I?ve seen the car.

Are there any happy endings out there for this process?

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I'm on week 5 as well... The rental car agency actually made drive 36 miles in traffic out to them to physically renew the contract for the rental car... They wouldn't just charge the extra days.

Did anyone else have to physically go to their rental place to renew a contract? I've never experienced this before, they usually just charge the extra days into the original contract...

I'm supposed to get the car back tomorrow. They've already pushed it back a few days, let's see how it turns out.
I don?t know whether to be happy or terrified. Doesnt seem like most have had much luck with the repaint. I?m supposed to get mine back this coming week. It?s been 5 since I?ve seen the car.

Are there any happy endings out there for this process?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I'm on week 5 as well... The rental car agency actually made drive 36 miles in traffic out to them to physically renew the contract for the rental car... They wouldn't just charge the extra days.

Did anyone else have to physically go to their rental place to renew a contract? I've never experienced this before, they usually just charge the extra days into the original contract...

I'm supposed to get the car back tomorrow. They've already pushed it back a few days, let's see how it turns out.

I believe there's a law for rental companies to not allow rentals longer than 30 days because then it would be considered a lease. I had to do it once when my old car was in an accident.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Interesting... I wish there were some way they could have extended it. Oh well.
I believe there's a law for rental companies to not allow rentals longer than 30 days because then it would be considered a lease. I had to do it once when my old car was in an accident.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
The dealer set up my rental. All I had to was pick it up. They tried to give me a Malibu. Got a caddy instead. It?s junk. Hope yours is done in good order

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The dealer set up my rental. All I had to was pick it up. They tried to give me a Malibu. Got a caddy instead. It?s junk. Hope yours is done in good order
Has yours been repainted? How did it turned out?

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Getting the car back early next week, currently on week #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[MENTION=586]derek0609[/MENTION] Did you get it back yet?

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
[MENTION=586]derek0609[/MENTION] Did you get it back yet?
Went and looked at the car today and was very disappointed. KIA rep was there after me and he rejected the car as well. Waiting to hear from my case manager on what?s happening next. I am leaning towards the trade out with another color.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Oh wow that's bad. I wonder who's the bright guy at Kia that decided to only paint certain parts and expect the color to match 100%.[facepalm]

Glad to hear the Kia rep is on your side.

Went and looked at the car today and was very disappointed. KIA rep was there after me and he rejected the car as well. Waiting to hear from my case manager on what?s happening next. I am leaning towards the trade out with another color.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Dealer hasn't been totally transparent with this process with me and I've had to be very proactive just to stay in top of things. The car is almost two weeks past when it was originally promised for some clips that broke on the rocker panels... Doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't even know the body shop my car is at.

Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll find out about my car. Based on testimony from this thread, I'm not too excited to see the results.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I agree that is very disappointing, keep us posted.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I agree that is very disappointing, keep us posted.
Decided to go with the vehicle replacement. Talked with my case manager and she sent me an email with all the necessary paperwork. Filled them out this morning and submitted .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
I got mine back. One or two small items that I think are very fixable. Right now my play is to keep it. My best friends older brother is a hot rod builder just outside Phoenix. I?m gonna run the job by him before I say yes but over all I?m about 99% happy with my untrained eye.

I?m just happy to be out of that crappy Cadillac they gave me

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I got mine back. One or two small items that I think are very fixable. Right now my play is to keep it. My best friends older brother is a hot rod builder just outside Phoenix. I?m gonna run the job by him before I say yes but over all I?m about 99% happy with my untrained eye.

I?m just happy to be out of that crappy Cadillac they gave me
Post up some pictures, curious to see how it turned out.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
after i was told i would be granted a replacement for my yellow vehicle, i was contacted back three weeks later and was told i would not be granted a replacement vehicle[???:)] i signed a fuckey fuck letter at my dealership saying i accepted the car the way it is and kia is not responsible anymore??? after i had an appointment to get the issues addressed and KIA told me to cancel the appointment, now there saying bring it to a dealer and have it inspected which i did the day i took delivery. so I'm stuck with this butchered representation of a stinger. they said to have the dealer see if they can put in a warranty claim...you can't even see through the overspray in the windows when lights shine through at night..shoulda got a g70...

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
after i was told i would be granted a replacement for my yellow vehicle, i was contacted back three weeks later and was told i would not be granted a replacement vehicle[???:)] i signed a fuckey fuck letter at my dealership saying i accepted the car the way it is and kia is not responsible anymore??? after i had an appointment to get the issues addressed and KIA told me to cancel the appointment, now there saying bring it to a dealer and have it inspected which i did the day i took delivery. so I'm stuck with this butchered representation of a stinger. they said to have the dealer see if they can put in a warranty claim...you can't even see through the overspray in the windows when lights shine through at night..shoulda got a g70...
Note to self.... Don't sign ANYTHING.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
That's insane, sorry to hear that. Do you happened to have a copy of the document you can share? Just block out the personal info.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
There's nothing wrong with signing a document as long as you've read what you're signing and the dealer is not misrepresenting Kia.

Each customer is given the choice to accept it after the repaint or to contest it with corporate.

Ultimately, my dealership will NEVER send out a car with over spray. Take it back and have them clean the car appropriately!

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Sent my paperwork in for the replacement vehicle and my case manger Kim forwarded them on to the National Office. Body shop manager keeps calling me, making excuses and wondering what I am doing next. The service manger at my Kia dealer and the regional rep both agree it was a terrible job on the repaint. I also called a friend of mine who's well connected within my city and knows the family that owns Kia dealership (Feldman Kia) to see if he can get them to help this process along. I totally regret doing this at all now, I was having 0 paint issues but that $5K looked to good to pass. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Sent my paperwork in for the replacement vehicle and my case manger Kim forwarded them on to the National Office. Body shop manager keeps calling me, making excuses and wondering what I am doing next. The service manger at my Kia dealer and the regional rep both agree it was a terrible job on the repaint. I also called a friend of mine who's well connected within my city and knows the family that owns Kia dealership (Feldman Kia) to see if he can get them to help this process along. I totally regret doing this at all now, I was having 0 paint issues but that $5K looked to good to pass. Hindsight is 20/20.
Do you still have the rental? I'm thinking about just selling the car back and beginning the process. What does that look like?