Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sunset Yellow Kia Stinger Repaint Process

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
my stinger currently has a case open because i was unsatisfied with the quality of the repaint. i have multiple issues as well as clear coat overspray on all the glass which you can see at night the most, on the mirrors and taillights. rough edges in all the wheel wells on the edge of the hood. paint drips in the door sills, and it looks like all the vents were put on while the paint was setting and had peeled and rippled in the corners. i was supposed to send it back to the collision shop to have my issues addressed, but while i was waiting i called kia and they seemed pretty concerened the dealer let it go to me like that and i was advised not to send it back until they call me back this week with a plan, possible buyback/vehicle swap. ill know more next week[rockon]
Man that sucks, I told the dealer and KIA that I will be going over the car very thoroughly and won?t accept much if anything at all that?s not near perfect.

i think if its warranty work it has to be done in like two weeks max... says so in the warranty book I'm pretty sure
You have 30 days after the respray but if KIA is already aware he is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Those that are getting resprayed, how long did it take? Is Kia providing any monetary compensation since you are making payments on a car you can't drive?

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Real bummer to hear that. That's kind of my greatest fear with this scenario. Thankfully, seems as if Kia is prepared for this kind of thing.

I'll be going to my dealer next week to inquire as to the status of the work.
my stinger currently has a case open because i was unsatisfied with the quality of the repaint. i have multiple issues as well as clear coat overspray on all the glass which you can see at night the most, on the mirrors and taillights. rough edges in all the wheel wells on the edge of the hood. paint drips in the door sills, and it looks like all the vents were put on while the paint was setting and had peeled and rippled in the corners. i was supposed to send it back to the collision shop to have my issues addressed, but while i was waiting i called kia and they seemed pretty concerened the dealer let it go to me like that and i was advised not to send it back until they call me back this week with a plan, possible buyback/vehicle swap. ill know more next week[rockon]
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Those that are getting resprayed, how long did it take? Is Kia providing any monetary compensation since you are making payments on a car you can't drive?
I?m going on week 3. Free rental and $5k when satisfactorily completed. If you?re unhappy with the work then you can sell it back to KIA or they?ll replace it with another color same trim.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I?m going on week 3. Free rental and $5k when satisfactorily completed. If you?re unhappy with the work then you can sell it back to KIA or they?ll replace it with another color same trim.

Thanks derek0609, thats a killer deal.

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
so they didnt repaint your plastic spoiler...now im worried. i guess ur bumper will get a repaint?

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Sunset Yellow Stinger GT
I received my re-painted Sunset Yellow Stinger GT on 9/11/18. It took a whole month for the work to complete. The paint on metal does not match the bumpers. The dealership said it was due to color of paint on metal vs plastic. However, even the paint on different sections of metal did not match each other. And new paint on outside is definitely a different shade than color on door jams which they did not repaint. Found minor scratch (to metal) on top of car. Found small section with tiny paint bubbles, one bubble chipped. Windshield gasket has small cut. The "Limited" badge is missing. There is wet sanding residue and over spray everywhere. Dust from body shop throughout. They should have at least detailed the vehicle before giving it to me. I'm super disappointed.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
The biggest mistake Kia made here was allowing the dealer network to pick the body shop.
I received my re-painted Sunset Yellow Stinger GT on 9/11/18. It took a whole month for the work to complete. The paint on metal does not match the bumpers. The dealership said it was due to color of paint on metal vs plastic. However, even the paint on different sections of metal did not match each other. And new paint on outside is definitely a different shade than color on door jams which they did not repaint. Found minor scratch (to metal) on top of car. Found small section with tiny paint bubbles, one bubble chipped. Windshield gasket has small cut. The "Limited" badge is missing. There is wet sanding residue and over spray everywhere. Dust from body shop throughout. They should have at least detailed the vehicle before giving it to me. I'm super disappointed.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=1580]Jenny Yang[/MENTION], I imagine that they are recleaning the car for you and making it right?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
they approved my vehicle swap..some one will contact me early this week with the details..[clap]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Have you reached out to Kia Customer Support?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Gotta love Kia's customer service.
I'm stoked[phonecall] going with red leather this time so my color choice is limited to black white or red...i don't want another black car. so white or red...probably white..

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Did you get a GT2 initially? What if you wanted to change some things up like?

I wonder if they'll play ball with moving my trim up to GT1 if I ended up swapping....
I'm stoked[phonecall] going with red leather this time so my color choice is limited to black white or red...i don't want another black car. so white or red...probably white..

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Did they not repaint the automobile roof? My roof is a different shade from the sides and now looking at the paperwork it says "This error affecting paint adherence may result in some paint chipping on certain affected areas of the Vehicle including the exterior metal panels such as the hood, doors, windshield pillars, and tail gate/deck lid." I was told they were repainting the whole thing... come to find out, not the bumpers... how can they expect anyone to be satisfied with the color mismatch? And why is there no mention of the roof? Is that not a major part of the car? Is it not made of metal?

ALSO, I read online that the respray will have a lifetime guarantee. But my paperwork says "Limited Warranty." Which is it?

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
The document states: "the KMA Limited Warranty remains in full force and effect, subject to the Vehicle's "in service" date and the terms set forth in the Warranty and Consumer Information Manual that accompanies the Vehicle."

The manual states the Limited Warranty for Paint is 36 months or 36,000 miles.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
The document states: "the KMA Limited Warranty remains in full force and effect, subject to the Vehicle's "in service" date and the terms set forth in the Warranty and Consumer Information Manual that accompanies the Vehicle."

The manual states the Limited Warranty for Paint is 36 months or 36,000 miles.
The remaining factory paint warranty is what the paint will have.

The roof IS metal and should have been repainted in the process.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Did you get a GT2 initially? What if you wanted to change some things up like?

I wonder if they'll play ball with moving my trim up to GT1 if I ended up swapping....

no. you can trade for the same trim level..you can choose a different model if you want to increase your payment, i have a gt.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Getting the car back early next week, currently on week #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro