Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    interesting experience. Glad there was a crack mechanic whom figured it out as that's not what anyone would have guessed. Good job kia service! Curious if more people have the same issue...

6 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes
    Update:
    In the afternoon they tell me they cannot check the sensors in the gas tank because they have to have a special tool for that and they are having it shipped overnight. They come and pick me up and take me to the rental car office so I have a vehicle. Yesterday they call me in the afternoon to tell me there's too much fuel in the gas tank so they can't check the sensors and they can't drain any out They want to keep the car and drive it around for a few days. That would be probably at least a hundred miles they need to put on it. The service counter guy asks if it's okay if he takes it home and then have someone drive it around the following day. I decided that wasn't okay and I told them I will come and drive it around for a few days and bring it back.
    After I turn in the rental car, after putting gas in it, I get to the dealership. The guy I've been dealing with for 2 days is nowhere in sight. Actually there is no other person Insight in the service department at all other than one young guy who's obviously very nervous. He starts fumbling around looking for my paperwork. He tells me they adjusted a fuel baffle and that everything was under warranty and they're having the car brought around now. I asked about the sensors and all he does is read the paperwork back to me again and asked me to sign it. The paperwork states that I claim the gas gauges weren't working. It doesn't mention anything about the car dying and the fuel sensors never coming. I asked to speak to the guy I have been dealing with for the last few days and am told he's not available. The young guy then goes to take me out to my car where I see the guy outside. I request he updates the information on the service sheet stating that the car completely died and that the gas tank was completely empty due to no gauges letting me know the actual amount of gas. He gets very upset with me at this since he now has to rewrite everything. He can't just add it to the closed out order. I wait until he updates the order sheet. When I tell him I will see him in a few days after I get the gas down to less than half a tank he tells me I don't need to bring it back in unless I think the gauges aren't working again! Just a half an hour earlier he told me they needed to check the sensors after the fuel tank was half emptied. So now I'm just supposed to keep track of my miles to make sure that I don't run out of gas again!! I am not sure what I should do at this point. Should I call the service manager and ask if the fuel sensors were even checked? Do I drive it around until the gas tank is to the point it was last time the sensors failed and then take it back?
    Suggestions?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    Update:
    In the afternoon they tell me they cannot check the sensors in the gas tank because they have to have a special tool for that and they are having it shipped overnight. They come and pick me up and take me to the rental car office so I have a vehicle. Yesterday they call me in the afternoon to tell me there's too much fuel in the gas tank so they can't check the sensors and they can't drain any out They want to keep the car and drive it around for a few days. That would be probably at least a hundred miles they need to put on it. The service counter guy asks if it's okay if he takes it home and then have someone drive it around the following day. I decided that wasn't okay and I told them I will come and drive it around for a few days and bring it back.
    After I turn in the rental car, after putting gas in it, I get to the dealership. The guy I've been dealing with for 2 days is nowhere in sight. Actually there is no other person Insight in the service department at all other than one young guy who's obviously very nervous. He starts fumbling around looking for my paperwork. He tells me they adjusted a fuel baffle and that everything was under warranty and they're having the car brought around now. I asked about the sensors and all he does is read the paperwork back to me again and asked me to sign it. The paperwork states that I claim the gas gauges weren't working. It doesn't mention anything about the car dying and the fuel sensors never coming. I asked to speak to the guy I have been dealing with for the last few days and am told he's not available. The young guy then goes to take me out to my car where I see the guy outside. I request he updates the information on the service sheet stating that the car completely died and that the gas tank was completely empty due to no gauges letting me know the actual amount of gas. He gets very upset with me at this since he now has to rewrite everything. He can't just add it to the closed out order. I wait until he updates the order sheet. When I tell him I will see him in a few days after I get the gas down to less than half a tank he tells me I don't need to bring it back in unless I think the gauges aren't working again! Just a half an hour earlier he told me they needed to check the sensors after the fuel tank was half emptied. So now I'm just supposed to keep track of my miles to make sure that I don't run out of gas again!! I am not sure what I should do at this point. Should I call the service manager and ask if the fuel sensors were even checked? Do I drive it around until the gas tank is to the point it was last time the sensors failed and then take it back?
    Suggestions?

This sounds like a Dealership specific service department issue and hopefully isn't putting a bad taste in your mouth for the Kia brand in and of itself. Kia as a brand does everything in its power to make sure service customers are 1st priority. For instance there is a "Test Drive" and Service Loaner program that the manufacturer allows dealerships to participate in for instances such as this. When I ran our Kia store we had 15-20 of these vehicles specifically for our service loaner customers. I apologize that you are having such a bad experience with this specific dealer. From your description there customer service at this dealer is abysmal. My advice to you, depending on your location of course, would be to go to a different Kia dealership. If one is not located close to you I would call Kia customer service and tell them about your experience. Places like this give the entirety of the car business a bad name and it is outrageous that any gm would allow the service department to be run in this fashion. In summation, I would never go back to that dealership if you have any other even remotely viable options in your area. If your current location is correct it looks like you have 3 within a short distance.

Sunset Kia of Auburn(4.5 rating on google)

Kia of Puyallup (4.6 rating on google)

Car Pros Kia Tacoma. (4.3 Rating on google)

I am not sure if any of these are the ones you went to or if you are even in that location anymore but I would take it to one of the other dealerships. Hope things go better for you! Keep us posted!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:
    Suggestions?

The dealer sounds very incompetent, I would call KIA Premium Concierge 855- 454-2847 ext 45345 and inform them of this.

6 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my complaint to the service manager on 11/19, he ordered a fuel sender lever to be installed when I come in for the engine computer (another Stinger recall). this is the first time I've ever heard of this part. I wonder if this was the original part that said they originally had when I had too much fuel in the tank for them to install it! The service guy calls me on the 20th to tell me both parts are in. When I request a loaner they tell me they won't have one available until 12/3!
    So I took the car in this morning got the loaner and verified they had both parts they need. They call me at 3 in the afternoon today to tell me the engine computer has now been installed in the car is "all put back together" but they have to order a new fuel sender and it won't be in until Wednesday! They asked if I want to keep the loaner or pick up the car and bring it back on Wednesday. I decide to keep the loaner and when I inquire as to why we have to order a new part the service guy says he doesn't know!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my complaint to the service manager on 11/19, he ordered a fuel sender lever to be installed when I come in for the engine computer (another Stinger recall). this is the first time I've ever heard of this part. I wonder if this was the original part that said they originally had when I had too much fuel in the tank for them to install it! The service guy calls me on the 20th to tell me both parts are in. When I request a loaner they tell me they won't have one available until 12/3!
    So I took the car in this morning got the loaner and verified they had both parts they need. They call me at 3 in the afternoon today to tell me the engine computer has now been installed in the car is "all put back together" but they have to order a new fuel sender and it won't be in until Wednesday! They asked if I want to keep the loaner or pick up the car and bring it back on Wednesday. I decide to keep the loaner and when I inquire as to why we have to order a new part the service guy says he doesn't know!
    U need to drive to a different Kia dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yeah this sounds like, uhh, very INTERESTING customer service...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123