Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Back seat view

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Took inspiration from KIAGTR and decided to try some improvement for the back seat passengers. It can be pretty dark back there especially for those of us with all black interiors. Added some bling to brighten things up. Why not make the back seating as handsome as the front.
D51E523E-4C86-4ABE-AF81-CEB1791FB2C5.jpg

Attachments

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Looks great what did you use?

OP
blesken
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
Looks great what did you use?
I used Cowles door edge trim. It was chrome so I used 1500 grit sand paper to knock the shine down a bit to make it look like brushed aluminum. It matches the rest of the trim pretty well.

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Very clever, can you post some more closeup pictures?

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Wow!
Thanks for posting- I will do it!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That came out great. It is a nice touch.
Any close up photos?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I love seeing creative ideas like this. Very nice.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great work.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2 & the 2 above
to blesken : Thanks for refering to me for your inspiration. (ceramic silver thread, page 7) I too used Cowles and tried clear tape over it to make it look more brushed but did not use the clear as I thought it might be a maintainence issue down the road. Since the trim took your sanding ok I may give it try but with a sanding sponge instead. That was a very good idea you had there. I didn't think it would take sanding well but I guess it will if you use fine enough grit. Good job! I should have tried sanding myself.

OP
blesken
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #11
to blesken : Thanks for refering to me for your inspiration. (ceramic silver thread, page 7) I too used Cowles and tried clear tape over it to make it look more brushed but did not use the clear as I thought it might be a maintainence issue down the road. Since the trim took your sanding ok I may give it try but with a sanding sponge instead. That was a very good idea you had there. I didn't think it would take sanding well but I guess it will if you use fine enough grit. Good job! I should have tried sanding myself.
KIAGTR: Yes the Cowels took the fine grit sand paper no problem. The key is getting an even look on the whole strip.
I tried some fine steel wool as well (#0000) and it worked really well, just seemed to take longer. With patience probably provides a more uniform result. Below shows the difference between steel wool (top) and 1500 grit paper (bottom). After looking at this close up I'm wishing I did just the wool. Perhaps your sanding sponge will do the same.

View attachment 1318

BTW, did you do your rear door handles as well?

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2 & the 2 above
blesken: Not sure what you mean? Door handles? or door arm rest? You can see my rear door in the picture of my rear seatback. I did use chrome "gap" filler on the arm rest. And brushed aluminum vinyl around the rear console electrical outlets. The door handles are stock but with aftermarket engraved plates behind them.

OP
blesken
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #13
blesken: Not sure what you mean? Door handles? or door arm rest? You can see my rear door in the picture of my rear seatback. I did use chrome "gap" filler on the arm rest. And brushed aluminum vinyl around the rear console electrical outlets. The door handles are stock but with aftermarket engraved plates behind them.
Yes I meant door arm rest. Looks geat. Thanks.