Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger body kit and re-badge

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Just finished on the re-badge and upgrades. New K&N cold air intake, front & rear air dams, diffuser and spoiler. Rebadged the car including center caps on the tires. I get at least 4-5 people a day wanting to know what it is. Performance was increased significantly with the K&N. IMG_0772.jpg IMG_0774.jpg IMG_0775.jpg IMG_0776.jpg IMG_0781.jpg IMG_0772.jpg IMG_0774.jpg IMG_0775.jpg IMG_0776.jpg IMG_0781.jpg

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome! Looks great, I rotated the photos for you.[thumb]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Looks great my friend, what kit is that?

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Nice job! What material is the body kit made out of?

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #5
Thanks! Don't know why they posted upside down!

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #6
There are several parts. The front air dam & canards and intake strakes and the rear canards were purchased on Ebay as well as the diffuser and spoiler. Just go to Ebay and type in KIA Stinger performance body parts. The all came in black but I had them painted to match the car. Less that $1000 to make your car stand out without going overboard.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
[chairfall] I knew they were fast, but I didn't know they were Men in Black fast

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #8
All of the parts were made of ABS paintable plastic. The front and rear air dams have a bit of a rough texture. The spoiler and rear diffuser were gloss and matched perfectly.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looking good. You plan on lowering it?

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #10
Gonna keep it like it is. It's my daily driver. The front skirts just clear most parking barriers and curbs. Lowering it would probably mean tearing them off at some point.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Let?s be clear, this is not a body kit. It?s a front splitter, rear diffuser. The bolt on to the current bumpers. I love these over complete body kits bc they add that subtle change to the over all vehicle look. Very tasteful!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victor P

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You're Stinger looks great! But why the rebadged? Are you embarrassed it's a KIA? I love my Stinger and I believe KIA Will soon be like Toyota and Honda category. Definitely at least Honda.
Congrats on your upgrades!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #13
Oh, I'm not embarrassed by it being a KIA. Because it's such a different car, I like the fact that people don't know what it is and are curious to find out. It's the only one in my small town that I'm aware of and I enjoy telling them it's a Kia but it's even better when they walk around it admiring it and THEN find out it's a Kia. I feel that Kia has surpassed Honda and Toyota in their engineering and style. I own 2 Optimas too and people constantly talk about what a nice cars they are. I have never had a single issue with any of the 3. I change the oil and do the routine maintenance and that's it.

OP
RBCampbell3341
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Thread Starter #14
I wasn't sure how to describe the modifications. You are correct, it's not a "body kit" but it sure adds a little flair at a reasonable price!

Victor P

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Come to think of it.. you're right, KIA has surpassed Toyota and Honda in styling and engineering. I got my Stinger almost 2 months ago and it's crazy how much people are so interested in the car! I had an Optima as well before this so I didn't think twice about pulling out the cash to buy this baby! I'm so happy with it too. Thanks for sharing, take care.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tdade95

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Just finished on the re-badge and upgrades. New K&N cold air intake, front & rear air dams, diffuser and spoiler. Rebadged the car including center caps on the tires. I get at least 4-5 people a day wanting to know what it is. Performance was increased significantly with the K&N. View attachment 1291 View attachment 1292 View attachment 1293 View attachment 1294 View attachment 1295 View attachment 1291 View attachment 1292 View attachment 1293 View attachment 1294 View attachment 1295
Link to the front lip ?? And rear ones

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
Link to the front lip ?? And rear ones

Damn. Your car is so sick it?s defying gravity.

But seriously, looks great.

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Nice job [MENTION=1071]RBCampbell3341[/MENTION].

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
CA