Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

GT owners, who's gotten their rotors turned from noise or vibrations?

GT owners, who's gotten their rotors turned from noise or vibrations?

• Yes for noise

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Yes for vibrations

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Yes for both noise and vibrations

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No issues

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
I was careful to not 'over brake' early in the mileage of my Stinger GT. Bedding the pads is understood but this isn;t a race car. The brakes are simply under designed for the weight of the car. I ordered a set of rotors but when they couldn't give me a delivery date I cancelled the order (from Vivid Racing). I don't want to have to worry about my brakes. I never worried about them on my Saabs or Volkswagens. And I used to scrub off 100 mph on an exit ramp regularly with those cars. But that was back when value engineering wasn't overzealous. I'll wait and see if the rotor part number changes for the 2019's and get a new set from the 2019 car if they'll fit. The 2018 are simply under designed.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I was careful to not 'over brake' early in the mileage of my Stinger GT. Bedding the pads is understood but this isn;t a race car. The brakes are simply under designed for the weight of the car. I ordered a set of rotors but when they couldn't give me a delivery date I cancelled the order (from Vivid Racing). I don't want to have to worry about my brakes. I never worried about them on my Saabs or Volkswagens. And I used to scrub off 100 mph on an exit ramp regularly with those cars. But that was back when value engineering wasn't overzealous. I'll wait and see if the rotor part number changes for the 2019's and get a new set from the 2019 car if they'll fit. The 2018 are simply under designed.
I was the same way. I don't even use my brakes much unless I have to and even then I'm gentle. I never had to bed in rotors or pads with any of previous cars unless it was track pads I put on my mustang. These rotors shouldn't been warping under light usage so early. I only ever turned the rotors on my mustang once over 150k miles.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Ooooo. Those look nice

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Hey [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION], that's very interesting. Do you know if they have any specifications on performance? I'm looking for braking hp comparison or something to say 'This is how much more powerful these rotors are than stock'.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
So far the info is still limited on those, but by the looks of it, the manufacturer is pretty legit and makes brakes for very important racing teams in different categories.