Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Those that are parking their Stingers outdoors, hows your paint holding up?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I'm going to be moving apartment soon and they don't offer car ports at the new place, wondering how everyone's paint is holding up parked outdoors.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I'm going to be moving apartment soon and they don't offer car ports at the new place, wondering how everyone's paint is holding up parked outdoors.
You can buy a car cover.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
No problems here.
Just make sure you add a layer of protection at least once every couple of months if it worries you too much.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
If you don't mind spending $1500 to $2000, get a ceramic coating. Depending on the quality of the coating, you won't have to wax your car for 3 to almost 5 years. It won't protect against dings and scratches but is superior to resisting the elements. You can also put it on wheels and brake calipers. If you live in an apartment complex, you may not be able to properly clean and wax your car so this is something to consider. You're up around Sacremento, you probably get lots of sun but I don't know if you get other elements that are harmful to the paint, rain, dust, salt in the air, other pollutants, etc. I unfortunately don't own a Stinger but I'm on two Stinger forums and I've seen a bunch of youtube videos on the Stinger and a lot of people have reported problems with their paint. KIA puts a thin coat of paint/clear on the car and it doesn't hold up well. So your gonna want to use some kind of protection for your paint. On a cheaper and easy front, there are also ceramic type sprays. They protect pretty well but I don't know how long they last or how much they cost.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
So the ceramic coating is a good suggestion but be sure you understand what you're buying into. The coatings will help prevent the micro scratching from car washes and what not but when they happen, it is much harder to remove them.

They also require upkeep. There are toppers and Si02 refreshes are required to keep it up to date. They are not just an apply and forget coating.

I considered it but I figure Meguires Fast Finish and Optimum's finishing product, I forget what it's called right now, are effective enough after a wash. Easy to apply and easy to knock down.

I'm not recommending anything, just want you to know options.