Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger PS573 Radio Fade is no longer centered

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I just came back form picking up my Stinger from the dealer after they performed the PS573 (this is the official pit stop bulletin released by KIA to address the issue), which involves a head unit replacement to fix the issue with the fader moving to rear speakers randomly. No software update for the infotainment system without replacing the whole head unit.

I would also like to thank my service adviser, Sebastian Flores, who was very accommodating during this process, he even took some photos of the install so I can post it here for you guys. Also thanks to Rick Hall (sales manager at Westside Kia) for making the process a breeze and providing a loaner vehicle (Sorento).

The head unit replacement takes a few hours perform, so you will definitely need to drop it off and pick it up later that day or the following one.

Here you can see the that the replacement unit is a brand new unit and not a refurbished one. It also came with an updated navigation map sd card

Here are few photos, courtesy of service adviser, Sebastian Flores at Westside Kia.

Here you can see that almost the whole front of the dash has to be removed in order to gain access to the head unit.

On these next two photos you can see the new head unit being installed

A bonus that I was not expecting is that the new head unit came with an updated Nav map SD card.
NOTE: I had not updated my NAV via the courtesy update offered by Kia. I had the version that came with the car when I first bought it.

Previous version

New version after head unit swap

Last edited:

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I LOVE the insulation around the climate vents in the 4th pic. LOL

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
Its all in the details [biggrin]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Can't believe they just can't do a a firmware update but required a new head unit.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] is there a TSB for this or do I just tell my dealer? It's happened to me intermittently.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] is there a TSB for this or do I just tell my dealer? It's happened to me intermittently.
It's not a TSB. It's a Pit Stop. PS573.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #9
[MENTION=615]Chi-Guy[/MENTION] yes it is a pit stop ticket. I mention it at the beginning of my post.
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] I will add the screen shot of the PS ticket on the first post. Thank you

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Perfect thanks for the headsup.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Thanks for this [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 HiChroma Red Stinger GT2 AWD
I had the same done to my car, and so far so good. It looks like you have the same Map Version as before though. Mine didn't change either, so I don't think your maps were updated.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I had the same done to my car, and so far so good. It looks like you have the same Map Version as before though. Mine didn't change either, so I don't think your maps were updated.
Maps no. Software version yes.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
This is a great thread. I reported this months ago. Sad to see a hardware replacement is the only fix. I feel kinda bad having them to THAT MUCH work just to fix the fade issue.

I may see if I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #15
It gets annoying since it does randomly.
That's why I said to hell with it, I am doing it[biggrin]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I?ve had the same issue since day one. Reported it to the special Stinger owners hotline and they assured me once there was a fix they would let me know and not a peep. I?ll call the dealer and the hotline on Monday. Thanks for the post!

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
One quick question... have you noticed any squeaks or rattles from your dash after the took it apart and put it back together? It always makes me nervous that it won?t go back together quite as well as it was before it was apart. Would love your feedback. Thanks again!

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #18
None what so ever.
Keep in mind that we are not dealing with 5 or 10 year old plastics, these plastics are still brand new and the only way you will get noises is if they break, and you will notice that before you start hearing noises.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
None what so ever.
Keep in mind that we are not dealing with 5 or 10 year old plastics, these plastics are still brand new and the only way you will get noises is if they break, and you will notice that before you start hearing noises.
Great to hear! Definitely will call on Monday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #20
Just wanted to follow up with this.

After a month and few days since the head unit was replace the issue has not presented it self. Also there are no rattling or weird noises coming from the dash or center console, and my leather is in perfect shape. [rockon]

Just crossed the 12.7k miles mark