Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2.0t stinger engine

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
hello,
does anyone know if the 2.0T stinger and the gen g70 2.0t the same motor or block? When i did a little research, the theta 2 motor is claimed to be on both cars. There is a good possiblity that i couldn't be wrong and wanted to know if anyone else knows anything about it. The reason why im looking into this is because im interested in putting better power inside the motor like pistons and camshaft in so. I know the g70 has these things already. I've called the dealer this week and the certified guy for the stinger wasn't in to answer block specs on it. When i do hear back, ill post what he said. I'm also interest in getting a bigger turbo for the 2.0t but idk where to start looking there. thanks

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
hello,
does anyone know if the 2.0T stinger and the gen g70 2.0t the same motor or block? When i did a little research, the theta 2 motor is claimed to be on both cars. There is a good possiblity that i couldn't be wrong and wanted to know if anyone else knows anything about it. The reason why im looking into this is because im interested in putting better power inside the motor like pistons and camshaft in so. I know the g70 has these things already. I've called the dealer this week and the certified guy for the stinger wasn't in to answer block specs on it. When i do hear back, ill post what he said. I'm also interest in getting a bigger turbo for the 2.0t but idk where to start looking there. thanks
It would be cheaper if you got the V6 3.3 GT to start with. You would have more power and a 100,000 mile, 10 year warranty. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Its going to take a lot of work/money to get good power out of the 2.0T, but I believe both cars share the same motor so theoretically the parts are interchangeable.

OP
M

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I'm just thinking ahead also. With the chip out people are worried about warrenty and possible damage to the engine from what i'm seeing. What is our option when they provide a bigger turbo and and intercooler but you already have the chip? I would imagine your going to want better internals right? Just my thinking. thanks for the responses. Ill update with part options on here once i hear back. Someone's got to look out for the 2.0t stinger.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I'm just thinking ahead also. With the chip out people are worried about warrenty and possible damage to the engine from what i'm seeing. What is our option when they provide a bigger turbo and and intercooler but you already have the chip? I would imagine your going to want better internals right? Just my thinking. thanks for the responses. Ill update with part options on here once i hear back. Someone's got to look out for the 2.0t stinger.
I think internally the 2.0 can easily handle over 300hp, but you'll need to get it custom tune with a bigger turbo. With a bigger turbo you'll have to adjust your boost level, air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure or you'll risk blowing your motor.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I think internally the 2.0 can easily handle over 300hp, but you'll need to get it custom tune with a bigger turbo. With a bigger turbo you'll have to adjust your boost level, air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure or you'll risk blowing your motor.
With a larger turbo you will need heavier internal components in your fuel pump to supply the increased fuel the larger turbo's requires. Also power will not come on around 1300 rpm will move up to 2000 - 2800 rpm depending on the tune. Also you should be safe with a mild tune of 400 - 450 WHP without rebuilding internals to the 3.3 engine. Any tune will Void your warranty
I had a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 that at 7 yrs my extended warranty expired. So I did a COBB stage 3 package, plus larger turbo heavy duty engine mount & transmission mount chassis bracing, whiteline sway bars with end links, coilovers and Corksport 4 piston front calipers and slotted rotors. Kozmic Motorsports did a mild tune had 410 WHP. Enjoyed the car till August 2017 Harvey flooded it in my garage in 4 feet of water for 2 weeks.
Good luck
Good luck

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
With a larger turbo you will need heavier internal components in your fuel pump to supply the increased fuel the larger turbo's requires. Also power will not come on around 1300 rpm will move up to 2000 - 2800 rpm depending on the tune. Also you should be safe with a mild tune of 400 - 450 WHP without rebuilding internals to the 3.3 engine. Any tune will Void your warranty
I had a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 that at 7 yrs my extended warranty expired. So I did a COBB stage 3 package, plus larger turbo heavy duty engine mount & transmission mount chassis bracing, whiteline sway bars with end links, coilovers and Corksport 4 piston front calipers and slotted rotors. Kozmic Motorsports did a mild tune had 410 WHP. Enjoyed the car till August 2017 Harvey flooded it in my garage in 4 feet of water for 2 weeks.
Good luck
Good luck

It depends on the fuel pump and how much larger of a turbo he's planning to install, I've also done turbo swaps before and just went with larger injectors because the pump was able to handle the fuel. I think the OP was originally inferring to his 2.0. You're right, the 3.3 can easily go over 400whp.

Sounds like your MS3 is a beast.[cheers]

OP
M

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Good luck
Good luck

Thats a very sad story about your mazdaspeed. I will probably wait until warranty is up before i rip into it. It's just a shame that increasing at least 100 hp probably wont happen unless that race chip lives up to its name. So far i'm not seeing that it is.

OP
M

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Im not too educated on turbos so lets just say whatever the next level would be. If i change the fuel pump or injectors, will that void my warranty also? I just might have to deal with playing it safe at least for now and just mess with custom exhaust, intake, throttle body and maybe the chip if its really worth anything.

Another thing. With the Throttle body bored, that will need a tune right? Does the dealer do that?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
ANY Tune will Void your warranty. Go to the Dealership you bought you car and get their opinion of what you want to modify.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Im not too educated on turbos so lets just say whatever the next level would be. If i change the fuel pump or injectors, will that void my warranty also? I just might have to deal with playing it safe at least for now and just mess with custom exhaust, intake, throttle body and maybe the chip if its really worth anything.

Another thing. With the Throttle body bored, that will need a tune right? Does the dealer do that?
You have more restrictive parts than the throttle body to worry about. I would say your bolt on list will get you a very fun and fast car. The chip is definitely worth it and possibly the mod that will get you the most power out of all the basic bolt ons.