Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How long do you plan to keep your Kia Stinger?

How long do you plan to keep your Kia Stinger?

• 1-3 Years

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 4-6 Years

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • 7-10 Years

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • +10 Years

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Lifetime warranty on the paint? Are you in the US? As I understand it, we are offered the same paint warranty on our repainted as we had in the general Kia warranty.
***CORRECTION***

I was wrong. The STANDARD Kia paint warranty will apply to the new yellow.

OP
K8AR
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #22
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] do they try to blend the new paint into the old?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] do they try to blend the new paint into the old?
Nope [MENTION=864]K8AR[/MENTION], full repaint of all of the metal panels.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
K8AR
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24

Interesting, I hope everything comes out great.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States

Any way to find out how much Kia is paying to respray each Sunset Stinger?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Current state of mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
I bought a brand new KIA Stinger, because I appreciate all the tech, but what more do I need? It's insane all that this car has, and any more just seems daunting right now. Like phones and computers have reached a plateau, I believe vehicles have finally reached a similar place.

I don't need faster, I don't need a higher resolution screen, I don't need fancier interior and re-designs don't phase me. I guess radar-cruise-control will get better and better, as emission control restrictions get tighter and tighter. I don't think lighting will surpass our current LED kit for quite some time. Every year they'll add little features, like projected "STINGER" puddle lights, but I have a really great vehicle that promises to serve me for at least the next ten years. I've never felt so secure in my ride before, so I won't give that up easily.

I bought it brand new. The only point in doing that is to keep the car indefinitely, in my opinion. It's the only way to "win" over depreciation, and the higher cost is worth it to me to know it's never been molested. I'll never even tap into the wires to install extra audio - even though the way its battery and amp is in the boot makes it so easy... I just don't want to "hurt" the factory harnesses. I'll never cut away part of the bumper cover to install a hitch for a bike rack. I'll change the oil religiously and drive it like a grandma until it's fully warmed up. This Stinger is my baby, and I'll probably go through 5-6 other cars to supplement my Stinger ownership, so "preserve" the fancy car and use the "beater" (probably going to be a KIA Soul) for running around daily-driver.