Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Countermeasures

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the MS3. How does this system compare to the K40 Defuser?
Go to you tube look up Vortex radar he does good reviews of laser jammers and also look up AL PRIORITY videos on YouTube

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Thanks, just got done watching their videos. Seems ALP is the way to go. You think our cars need 3 sensors up front?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks, just got done watching their videos. Seems ALP is the way to go. You think our cars need 3 sensors up front?
Do you want to find out you should of gotten the 3rd sensor as you get a ticket for 150+. I will get 2 sensors + a TX sensor up front, 95 % of laser target the front. Good luck

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
If you gave them ( AL Priority) a call or emailed and asked them what you need they would explain it to you. They can't understand it for you. If you read their order site correctly you Only added up the add on's. Add on's + Head unit = your price. I paid around $1,850. Plus professional installation. Don't shop Lamborghinis when you have a Toyota budget......

Ha. You don't have to be a tool.
It doesn't say this is the basics. It says you need these. Select your options.
The site isn't good. I thank for for telling me what should be readily apparent at a glance at any half decent web site.

You have no idea what my budget is and I don't care what you paid. So... thanks for...?

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Do you want to find out you should of gotten the 3rd sensor as you get a ticket for 150+. I will get 2 sensors + a TX sensor up front, 95 % of laser target the front. Good luck

What is the difference between the sensors? That's no apparent either. It says TX is more better. So do you need the others? Can one just get the more betterer one?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What is the difference between the sensors? That's no apparent either. It says TX is more better. So do you need the others? Can one just get the more betterer one?
Call AL Priority for answer's to your questions.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
You can say you don't know. I appreciate your help.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The TX (transmit) sensors are supposed to be smaller for easier mounting and works better at jamming newer lasers.
[video=youtube;SqWoiXJoee4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWoiXJoee4[/video]

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #30
OK this thread is evolving much like threads on my countermeasure forums. Lol If you definitely need laser protection ALP is the way to go. The new kid on the block is not proven yet Laser protection is not cheap.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
OK this thread is evolving much like threads on my countermeasure forums. Lol If you definitely need laser protection ALP is the way to go. The new kid on the block is not proven yet Laser protection is not cheap.
Yes I agree if you want to play you have to Pay one way or another.

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #32
Also very important to mention if anyone is going to get laser jammers, correct installation is critical. There is an old saying about jammers, "Stealth the ride, not the install". Installed incorrectly and you just wasted $1200. I know several people that do ALP installs, PM me if interested.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great point. Thanks.

I don't know if I need it in my area or not yet. Do far the radar detector works great.

So during winter, does laser drop in usage?

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #34
Great point. Thanks.

I don't know if I need it in my area or not yet. Do far the radar detector works great.

Generally yes just because Leo's don't like cold

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Great point. Thanks.

Winter has no affect on Laser except in heavy snow storms. In which case you probably will Not be speeding. Depending on how fast you are caught speeding by Laser, the cost of 1 or 2 tickets will pay for a AL PRIORITY setup.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Winter has no affect on Laser except in heavy snow storms. In which case you probably will Not be speeding. Depending on how fast you are caught speeding by Laser, the cost of 1 or 2 tickets will pay for a AL PRIORITY setup.

Don't the police have to use the laser outside of the car? I suspected it was in much less use during the cold months particularly in northern states.

Upstatedoc confirmed my suspicions.

I understand the cost analysis. I am not seeing much, if any, in my area. This factors into it as well.

As mentioned above, I never set a budget for it as I was unaware of costs. It's within my budget, now that I understand the costs but the ROI doesn't seem to be great for me. If I start seeing some lasers in use, I'll reevaluate. I love the idea of not worrying about it but, so far, I'm not that worried anyway.

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #37
. If I start seeing some lasers in use, I'll reevaluate. I love the idea of not worrying about it but, so far, I'm not that worried anyway.
I've run jammers on my vehicles for years. I can count on one hand how many times I have been hit by laser (that I know of). Just not that prevalent in my area (knock on wood). There are some areas on the other hand that's all they use is laser for speed enforcement. I'm holding off on laser jammers for now on the Stinger. I'm more worried about the re-introduction of K-band radar in my area. It virtually disappeared for years here but now almost every agency is using it again.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Has anyone installed the A L Priority laser jammer on your Stinger? Like to see pictures of your install.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk