Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who's experienced noise or vibrations on the Brembo brakes?

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Anyone here experiencing vibrations or road noise with their Brembos?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone here experiencing vibrations or road noise with their Brembos?
Not having any Noise or vibration. Did you slowly break in your breaks for the 1st 500+ miles?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
KamikazeGT
Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
Not having any Noise or vibration. Did you slowly break in your breaks for the 1st 500+ miles?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just drove normally, wasn't hard on them either.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
I do. And it is getting, slowly, worse. I am taking it in next week.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Can you see anything visually wrong with the rotors? Jack up the front end, spin the front wheels by hand and if it seems to make a rhythmic noise you might have warped rotors or worst case scenario cracked rotors(which I doubt if you weren't hard on them). Performance rotors and calipers usually make more noise than your average passenger car caliper.

PHL Mike

Reactions
I’m driving an ‘18 GT2AWD and this week had to have the dealer machine the front rotors for the second time at 17,400 miles. They were.vibrating. I wasn’t charged either time but he tried to charge me $159. this time. I complained and he said he can’t do it after 12,000 miles. Stood my ground and he “called Kia and got corporate clearance to cover the cost “.
Perfect ride again.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I’m driving an ‘18 GT2AWD and this week had to have the dealer machine the front rotors for the second time at 17,400 miles. They were.vibrating. I wasn’t charged either time but he tried to charge me $159. this time. I complained and he said he can’t do it after 12,000 miles. Stood my ground and he “called Kia and got corporate clearance to cover the cost “.
Perfect ride again.
How did you complain to Kia when you called? I'm at 14k miles.

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
Perfect ride again.
Let's use a little logic here. If you have pads/rotors combo that makes the rotors warp what do you think happens if you make the rotors thinner? I'm going with more warped. I had this experience with an 06 Infiniti turning the rotors got rid of the problem for a very short time and each time they warped it was worse. Once they stopped covering it at 24K I ended up going to independent shop and getting the rotors and pads replaced not OEM and the problem never came back

It sucks I have this issue too and I really hate cars with pulsing brakes. It's funny I had a GTI and a Mini Cooper both far cheaper cars and never had a problem with brake rotor warping with either of them.

PHL Mike

Reactions
How did you complain to Kia when you called? I'm at 14k miles.
I made a service appt and told them what was happening both times. Same exact symptoms. First time I got immediate service with no push back. Second time they tried to charge me and I pushed them and they finally said ok to no charges.

Apex

Reactions
I had to take my 2019 GT limited into for brake chatter. Rotors need to be de glazed. This was after 40k km