Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Car Lag

ECMO

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Has anyone experienced the stinger lagging when trying to take off? I have stopped at the stop sign, idle stop came on. I let off and car restarted. When I pushed accelerator the car didn?t go. It will creep and basically roll into traffic. You must let off and press accelerator again before the car will take off. I have also been getting the message ?auto stop is off? ?start vehicle manually? and when this appears it goes into accessory mode. This car has spent more time in the shop than driven in the two months we?ve owned it. It?s a 2.0 stock.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Inaugural models usually have more issues than later years. There are some bugs that are fixed with the following year models. This is why some people wait for the 2nd or 3rd year of certain models so the "kinks" have been ironed. As long as they are covering the issues under warranty, I wouldn't see it as too much of an issue. A possible buy-back if your problems are serious enough.

Sorry, I can't help with the lag issue but it seems to deal with the auto-stop. That feature would stop me from buying a car all together if it cannot be entirely defeated.