Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Android Auto/Google Assistant audio quality issues

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Turned in my 2015 Sonata a couple weeks ago and got me a Stinger Premium AWD w/Drivewise. No issues at all in 3 years using Android Auto in the Sonata. Infotainment system is virtually identical to my old car, so I figured it would be a breeze to set up. For the most part, that's been true. Music plays fine through AA in the Stinger, but whenever I use the voice commands or navigation through AA, the Google Assistant response has such poor audio quality that it's difficult to understand. Disconnect AA and use straight Bluetooth or the AUX input and it's fine. Connect AA again and use a voice command, and it's back to poor audio quality. If one considers the music played through AA to be CD quality, the Google Assistant voice sounds like listening to mono AM radio over a landline telephone.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a Google Pixel XL.

Thanks,
Joey

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It's a setting within Google. I'll try to find it.

OP
I
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #3
If you could find the setting, I'd appreciate it. I have looked around the web and I found something referencing disabling the "bluetooth headset" setting under Google Assistant's voice settings, but that was and has always been disabled. Toggling it makes no difference.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
It's a setting within Google. I'll try to find it.
It's a setting?

I hope you.sre right, but why would anyone intentially set it as "poor quality"?

I too have the same poor quality voice assistant with Android auto, but much better with Bluetooth and Google assistant.

Weird.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reactions
the setting was never found...

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
On the phone, try disabling audio routing.

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
The wife had a similar issue on her old Jeep where audio quality all around was pretty crummy, almost AM radio quality.