Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

HOWTO: Tork Intake Install on 3.3T

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I just installed the Tork Intakes on my Stinger GT and thought I'd put together a short HOWTO documenting the process.

Tools: You'll need a ratchet, a 6-inch extension, 12mm and 10mm sockets, and a Phillips screwdriver.

The Tork kit comes with two powder-coated pipe sections, two cone filters with clamps, and two 10mm bolts.

To remove the stock airboxes and install the Tork intakes, you'll need to remove the braces first. Remove two 12mm bolts per side and take off the braces by sliding them toward the rear of the car and lifting them up. Note: the bolts on mine were torqued down pretty good and took some effort to loosen.

Next, you'll remove three 10mm bolts from the airbox (two on the fender side, one on the rear). Loosen the clamp on the side of the airbox and wiggle it off. Lift the rear of the airbox and slide it up and back and it should pop right out with little effort. Repeat these steps for the second airbox. Retain the six 10mm bolts in case you ever need to re-install your factory airboxes.

Installation of the new intakes is the same for both sides. Each pipe section is intended for a specific side, curving towards the rear of the car with the bracket angled down to the front mounting point for the stock airbox. Examining the new pipe section, you'll note that one side of the pipe is slightly longer measured from the bracket. The long end goes into the factory piping and the cone filter will go on the shorter end.

I found it easier to put the cone filter on the pipe section before installing it in the engine bay. I snugged everything up loosely and adjusted the position of the cone filter before tightening everything down. You may need to gently bend the bracket to adjust the position and angle of the cone filter so that it doesn't rub the engine brace when you reinstall it. I may go back and put in a little foam body panel tape under the brace to prevent vibration and rubbing.

Be sure you rotate the clamps on the piping so that you can reach them with a screwdriver to tighten them later once the braces are in place.

Once the intakes are in place, re-install the braces and tighten up the 12mm bolts. This completes the install!

After driving for a few days, check all bolts and clamps to be sure everything is still snug.

Enjoy your new intakes!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great job, thanks for the write up.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Easy enough. Thank you for posting. Nice photos BTW.