Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Greetings from Indianapolis

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Hello all -- picked up my Stinger Premium AWD w/Drivewise a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier! Ok, so I might be happier if I'd gotten the GT2 I originally set out to get, but hey, I got a great deal and my bank account is thanking me [cool]

Pleasantly surprised with the power and smoothness of the 2.0T so far -- I find myself backing off the gas pedal several times a day because I'm over the speed limit in a couple seconds.
Interior is absolutely gorgeous. Overall, a nice step up from my 2015 Sonata Sport.

Joey

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats from a former Indy resident!

As long as you're happy, that's what counts! Feel free to post pics! :)

-Tim

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Congrats and welcome, which part of town do you live in?

OP
I
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Congrats on a purchase. I've got a GT2 and live on the southeast side of Indy.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations

OP
I
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #8
Thanks! To the guys in Indy, where did you end up getting yours? I dealt with Skillman Kia because I'd had great luck with their Hyundai location a few years ago, but I don't feel like they ever took me seriously. I ended up going to a dealership in southern Indiana and had a fantastic experience.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Im up North. Purchased mine from Napleton .

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
I got mine from shadeland skillman. Got $5k below sticker and free service. It's not always easy when salespeople selling $20k cars are now selling $50k cars, but it's good you walked away and got a good deal.

OP
I
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #11
That's a pretty sweet deal. I went with The Kia Store down in Clarksville. Free service was only an option if I brought it back to them and I don't plan on driving 90 minutes for an oil change, so they installed a bunch of accessories and we called it even. They treated me like a valued customer from the first interaction and told me several times that they were willing to do whatever it took to earn my business. Boy, did they ever. Skillman, on the other hand, wouldn't let me even let me -- a return customer -- take a base Stinger out for a 5-minute spin without getting a credit check and having an agreement drawn up. They eventually let me take one out, on my 3rd visit to the dealership, but by that time I was fed up with them. I told them my time was too valuable to play their games and that I was moving on.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Wow, that's ridiculous. Shadeland is much better and I still would recommend them for service and warranty work. They always give me a 2.0 premium loaner too. If you ever get any go fast parts, I'm happy to help. I'll also be going to cars and coffee Saturday morning if you ever go to those events.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I got mine from shadeland skillman. Got $5k below sticker and free service. It's not always easy when salespeople selling $20k cars are now selling $50k cars, but it's good you walked away and got a good deal.
Thats a great deal.