Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

My second AX

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
OK my second AX in F Street Trim. GT2 RWD Had bigger front Eibach swaybar. Car works better with bigger front bar for sure. Did get a little under steer but it will be easy to overcome with bigger front tire and some alignment tweaks .

Had fun with driver of Mustang 350 R. Obviously he had more power, more tire, better competition oriented suspension. I was able to get within about a second of his fastest times. He rode with me and was impressed with how well Stinger handles.

The car however has a real issue with slow shifts and power engagement in AX. I run in sport mode and both traction/stability disengaged. There is something going on where nannies even when all turned off are holding back throttle in certain circumstances. Guy with Mustang riding with me felt throttle lag too.

bigger front bar definitely allowed me to drive more aggressively and hold back end in check better. Car doesn't do well in tight 180 and 90 degree turns, but when things open up it hauls butt. Will be a very course specific car for sure.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Great to hear this. Did you get the springs too or just the sway bars?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Excellent input, Did you only install the front bar?

The lag could be related to the ECU adjusting to an increase on intake temps aka IC heat soak. What were your ambient temps?