Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Those with paint issues: Would you be okay with Kia repainting your entire car?

Those with paint issues: Would you be okay with Kia repainting your entire car?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
For those with paint issues: Would you be okay with Kia repainting your entire car?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
For those with paint issues: Would you be okay with Kia repainting your entire car?
If they do it correctly and at no cost to me. Then yes. But why should i continue to drive around with failing paint to have to correct myself or possibly be charged for the damages at the lease end inspection just because they didnt want to acknowledge or fix the problem? Besides i fear if it was done through insurance even as a manufacturer issue that the rates would go up so yeah I'd let kia repaint it unless they gave me a better option or buyback+upgrade to a newer better version at the same rate

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I don't know if I'd be ok with it. I would prefer a buyback.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I don't know if I'd be ok with it. I would prefer a buyback.
Thats if they offer one. Who knows what options they would offer. But we won't know til we make a big stink enough like Australia did. I'm sure Kia wouldn't want to receive alot of negative press about problems after all the public raving reviews its received since its release. But we need to make a big issue til we get KIA attention here in the states

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2018 Stinger, 2010 Camaro SS
What are the details for the re-paint?

I'm assuming they will repaint it back to the original color with non-compromised paint? Or would they allow it to be painted any color?

OP
Teck09
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
What are the details for the re-paint?

I'm assuming they will repaint it back to the original color with non-compromised paint? Or would they allow it to be painted any color?
Same color and I believe it only applies to yellow at the moment.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I got a voicemail from Kia. They called me about the paint issue, so that's a good sign

Warrant11

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 AWD
I got a voicemail from Kia. They called me about the paint issue, so that's a good sign
So whatever happened with your paint issue? Did Kia fix it?

OP
Teck09
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #9
So whatever happened with your paint issue? Did Kia fix it?
They did with Yellow. You can get it repainted and/or sell it back to them if you didn't like the results.