Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018/2019 which one?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I?m looking to buy a gt2 awd from a dealer here in California for 47k ish. I can?t decide between pulling the trigger and waiting a month to see what seas they have for 2018s left or possibly getting a 2019. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I dont think we'll see much change for '19. If you can score a good deal on a '18 it'll be worth it.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Anyone think the gt2 awd will go lower than 47k?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
2019 will bring very little changes. We are already seeing it in Korea.

GT2 AWD? Hard to find for lower than 47k

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I bought to lease a 2018 GT 2 on April 17 2018. I enjoy the car. Got the GT 2 for the Limited slip differential and cooled seats.
My wife's 2017 Maxima Platinum came with a Heated steering wheel, 360 camera and 21 choices of ambient lighting. Those 3 items are lacking in my 2018 GT 2 which I wish I had. I hear the 360 camera and heated steering wheel "might" be available in the 2019 GT 2. So any choice you make you will be happy once you are behind the wheel. Good luck and enjoy your Stinger

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
its only a month, I would wait.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
2018 has heated steering wheel on gt2 awd

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Dealer here in Cali has 5k rebate

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The 2019s will not be hitting the US showroom floors until late October.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Yup no changes for '19.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Will the 2019s fix the rattles and shock tuning issues

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
The 2019s will not be hitting the US showroom floors until late October.
At the earliest. I'm guessing somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
It?s so hard justifying spending 48k on a vehicle with so many issues new.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
many issues? which issues are you referring to?

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Paint chipping. Rattles. Suspension not tuned right. Creaks. Etc

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
paint chipping is only an issue on two colors, micro blue and yellow.

Suspension not tuned right cloud be hardly classified as an issue, as most owners do not find a problem with it. It is only those that drive their car hard that have complained.

Rattles and Creaks, the only complaints I have read about is the hatch (which Kia already addressed) and the sunroof which has affected few owners

In my opinion for a first year, first generation and first ever on everything for Kia, I think the Stinger has the least problems when compared to other brands.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
yet only two colors have been identified with issues, all others are fine.

You can not base it on the number of replies. Sometimes threads tend to go off topic, other times you get input from other owners with other colors that do not have an issue but will report if they ever encounter one.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #19
3 of the colors. Blue. Black. Yellow. Did you read that thread. Other colors had issues too. That's a huge deal seeing that a lot of the cars are red and black. Which is why I go back to ?how could anyone pay 50k right now when there isn't certainty on how they will fix it?

FROM THAT THREAD

So I went to the dealership tonight to look at a Panthera Metal GT (really cool color; almost black from afar and when you get closer and the light reflects, more grey). I randomly looked at 4 Stingers (dealer had 14 on the lot!) to look for the paint issues folks here have talked about where the paint is coming off where the headlights touch the front bumper. 2 of the Stingers were 2.0L and 2 were 3.3L. One Blue, Red, White and Silver. 3 of the 4 Stingers had paint coming off the bumper! I was very surprised. It wasn't a huge area and I'm assuming the front bumper is plastic so it wouldn't rust, but still, this is a major issue to have this long after initial launch.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
If you do another search you will find that the peeling of paint near the headlight is not related to paint at all. It related to the fact that the headlight is touching the bumper and with vibration and getting on or off the truck it touches on the corner. It is not due to paint defect.

I don't see black listed anywhere as a color with issues. I have seen quite a few in person (on the road and dealers) and they have no problems.