Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Big Decision Time.... Price Is In......

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Your going to be a little disappointed like me.......

$65,990 drive away.....

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I must say, I'm a little disappointed, particularly that they're saying $59,990 (Kia?s highly-anticipated Stinger performance GT will hit the Australian market with a sub-$60,000 recommended retail price.) But factor in on roads and WOW. As amazing as the car may be, that's big money for a Kia. Not sure how my accountant will react to this haha

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
I'm......um, shocked, disappointed,,maybe even a little pissed off. I suspect they're taking massive advantage of the popularity. Its a big price lift and a big ticket for a Kia and an untested one at that. Contemplating my position....

OP
Terra
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Thread Starter #4
You can say that again. I'm now looking at if I was to spend that much coin, what else is on offer....

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
You can say that again. I'm now looking at if I was to spend that much coin, what else is on offer....
I called my salesman today (who didn't even know the pricing had been released) to find out if it was driveaway price, he's going to get back to me. It'd wanna live up to the hype..

OP
Terra
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Thread Starter #6
I called my salesman today (who didn't even know the pricing had been released) to find out if it was driveaway price, he's going to get back to me. It'd wanna live up to the hype..
Trust me its drivaway price.........

Maybe some dealers will move a little. .....

Im also pissed it doesn't include the exhaust option. .....

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Have had $65,990 drive away confirmed by 2 different dealers - different states as well.....AND delivery is now October......

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
I must say, I'm a little disappointed, particularly that they're saying $59,990 (Kia?s highly-anticipated Stinger performance GT will hit the Australian market with a sub-$60,000 recommended retail price.) But factor in on roads and WOW. As amazing as the car may be, that's big money for a Kia. Not sure how my accountant will react to this haha
"sub $60k RRP" is just pure marketing bullshit - maybe that's what you pay to keep it in their yard and not "drive it away". Maybe I'll cancel my order and go back in 2 months to see what I can get it for when they're finding them hard to shift.

Flashback to 2008 and I seem to remember Toyota was trying to sell TRD Aurions with a sticker price of around $63k. Got mine (#507 of circa #600) for around $52k. Just sayin'

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
How does the price compare to the 4 series Gran coupe, and A5 sportback down under?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
The 440i starts at $69,990 and the Audi A5 at $68,900......

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
Is the price quoted in AUD or USD ? :)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
We're in Australia so we're quoting AUD.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

$65,990 drive away.....

That's a shame. This may be a stretch but the loaded 3.3TT may be a bust just like the K900. Even with "The King" advertising it, it still sold very poorly. New, around $65-70K. You can get a used 2016 with under 10K miles for $35K!! I hope buyers wait a year to pick one up. There isn't much value in it at that price. Buy one a year or two later and pay $40K. I'd be willing at that price.

I hope the Stinger doesn't have that resale value but it'd be a good second/third owner car. Even at $50K loaded new, I'm skeptical. But hey, who I am to say they won't sell. Could've guessed it since loaded Optimas are around $42K at MSRP... [bawling]

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Officially cancelled my order today much to the dismay of the Kia Sales Manager. Their argument was that what's the difference if you're paying $60k (RRP) or $70k (RRP + on roads + exhaust upgrade), it's still an amazing car. Sad to say but I think the popularity of the marketing campaign has made the sales guys far to arrogant. I know of 3 other deposits that have been pulled from my dealership in the past fortnight too.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Officially cancelled my order today much to the dismay of the Kia Sales Manager. Their argument was that what's the difference if you're paying $60k (RRP) or $70k (RRP + on roads + exhaust upgrade), it's still an amazing car. Sad to say but I think the popularity of the marketing campaign has made the sales guys far to arrogant. I know of 3 other deposits that have been pulled from my dealership in the past fortnight too.
So disappointed for you. I'm waiting to see what it actually looks like in the flesh, what my trade is worth and what the change-over price (maybe even looking at different finance options) before I pull the trigger. I do feel that I've been touched up significantly and there is a degree of arrogance about the whole thing - all the secrecy around the pricing and now OCTOBER before they even arrive. Again, using my TRD as an analogy - overpriced, overhyped and whilst I really enjoy it, it's a one off. I remember all the dealerships changing all their signage and adding TRD out front - where did that all go? Mine has even has "series one" on the centre console.....

<<<sigh>>>

Gixxa

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
2011 Hyundai i30

$65,990 drive away.....
So is this the 3.3 GT @ full spec or the 2.0? If it is the 3.3 GT I think that is quite reasonable at around 44k ? That is also near to my limit of ~50k ?.

OP
Terra
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Thread Starter #19
3.3 GT (not AWD)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Both go over $110k with all the bits.
So is it fair to say 3.3GT RWD vs 435 GC or A5 SB - with similar specs as the stinger it is +/- 50K cheaper?