Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Service very Disappointing for the price - not surprising, but nonetheless

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
[Updated response below - things got a lot better]

This is only my experience, so please take it with a grain of salt. I love the Stinger, and don't regret getting it, I figured I'd also post here for folks considering getting one, who are used to a high standard of maintenance for the money:

I've been trying to deal with the annoying issue of my GT2's audio system switching randomly to the fader moving all the way to the back when I start the car. It's intermittent, but I know a lot of others have the same issue. I reached the Kia dealership that I purchased from, and they acknowledged that they had heard of the issue, but had to see it in my car to report it to Kia so that Kia can start dealing with it. Since it's intermittent, I'm not inclined to leave my car there for a long period, but I said I would do that if I could get a loaner car. That changed the first available slot to 5 weeks from now.

I called Kia Premium Support, and they couldn't help. They also insisted they need to see the issue in my car. I suggested they go to forums, or even YouTube videos, and that I'm happy to send them examples to show that many others are experiencing this, but they said no to that, and insisted I had to take my car in. I asked about the loaner car situation, and they said that even if I do book 4 or 5 weeks ahead, the loaner car or rental is NOT guaranteed. It depends on availability. For a $50k+ car, that's pretty pathetic. My wife's GTI at the same dealership (they own both a VW and a Kia), and my previous Golf R could get booked in within 2 days, and I always got a loaner can on them, and that's a much cheaper car from a brand that isn't a luxury brand. My experience with Infiniti prior to that was that I always got a loaner car, and could get booked in within 2 days for any issue.

If Kia wants to play in this space, and has even created this so called "Premium" phone line, etc, they've got a long way to go, and I'm surprised they didn't learn from the Hyundai/Genesis experience they had. Starting to wish I had waited for the Genesis G70 just because of this issue even though I prefer the size and practicality of the Stinger. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Sorry to hear that [MENTION=556]torbach[/MENTION] Have you tried going to a different dealer? Also have you filed a complaint with Kia corporate as well. They are listening trust me.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Sorry to hear that [MENTION=556]torbach[/MENTION] Have you tried going to a different dealer? Also have you filed a complaint with Kia corporate as well. They are listening trust me.
I didn't try another dealership, but should have updated this thread. After I escalated to a supervisor at Kia Premium, they sorted out a rental car for me for my original appointment. The dealer treated me very well, and the rental was decent, a Ford Taurus. They are replacing my head unit to try to fix the issue.

I got a call from the dealership this morning to let me know that the unit is ready, and I could drop my car off right away, or as early as I'd like to, and the loaner is available for me. So they definitely are listening. This is much better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive