Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2022 GT1 vs GT2

Steady

Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Telluride
For 2022 it looks like the main difference (other than cost) between the GT1 and GT2 is Adaptive Suspension and Shift-By-Wire. Ceramic Silver (which I'm ordering) was previously only available in the GT2 is available now in both models. Is is worth the extra money for Adaptive Suspension and Shift-By-Wire? I believe the AS only helps in cornering not ride quality in comfort mode.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
For 2022 it looks like the main difference (other than cost) between the GT1 and GT2 is Adaptive Suspension and Shift-By-Wire. Ceramic Silver (which I'm ordering) was previously only available in the GT2 is available now in both models. Is is worth the extra money for Adaptive Suspension and Shift-By-Wire? I believe the AS only helps in cornering not ride quality in comfort mode.
If you have roads with potholes near you, definitely worth it. Prior to this car, I had a Gen 7 Golf R without the VW adaptive suspension, and dropped from the stock 19” wheels to 18” after a week of driving to work through the pothole ridden Clara Barton Parkway (Suburban Maryland to Washington DC). Even with the 18s, each pothole in comfort mode on the R still felt really loud and harsh and my wheels got damaged including needing two rim replacements and tire blowouts in 1 year.

With the Stinger GT2 with 19” wheels, in comfort mode, that adaptive suspension makes those same potholes a non issue. I went from using Waze and being on the lookout all the time to slow down ahead of each pothole, to not even having to think about it. Obviously these are different cars, but I honestly believe it’s well worth it. When I go into sports mode or custom but with sports suspension, the adaptive suspension makes this into a sportier and faster feeling car than that same Golf R on a smooth road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
I have shift by wire and adaptive suspension on my G70 no one's going to consider shift by wire an upgrade it's not. The adaptive suspension is a plus but if you hold on to your vehicles like I do I never get rid of them. It is going to cost more money down the road to replace those shocks.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk