Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger V6 now has an ECU tune available

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Very exciting. Just as I figured, 400+ hp is available with just a simple tune....
That is incredibly exciting. Fantastic find TurboTx. Thank you

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Very exciting. Just as I figured, 400+ hp is available with just a simple tune....
Any idea what this does as far as warrantee is concerned?

XP05UR

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
From the images I've seen on the pross garage instagram it appears to be plug and play. Not sure if kia mechanics could trace it if it's been removed for services

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
A friend of mine has one of those for his tricked up 130i. I did think (hear) mechanics could run diagnostics post an "event' and tell the different history of a number pf things. A mechanic for Toyota told me they could tell what fuel I'd used when I complained my TRD was running rough....

Hate to return the stinger after an "engine fire" and have them tell me the warrantee was void because there was a clean spot where the chip had been.....just saying. But its one hell of an exciting option!!!!!

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Do you guys down under have any laws protecting warranties? Here we have an act that states a warranty claim cannot be denied by the existence of a modification; they would have to prove the modification caused the failure.

This is just anecdotal, but, I have had two cars now that were tuned, and I've never had any issues with the tune itself, or the service department when taking the car in. Also, no one on any forum I visit has mentioned any issues either, even one guy on the Mustang board whose tuned engine blew up.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Do you guys down under have any laws protecting warranties? Here we have an act that states a warranty claim cannot be denied by the existence of a modification; they would have to prove the modification caused the failure.

This is just anecdotal, but, I have had two cars now that were tuned, and I've never had any issues with the tune itself, or the service department when taking the car in. Also, no one on any forum I visit has mentioned any issues either, even one guy on the Mustang board whose tuned engine blew up.

Pretty much the same as you guys - see the attached extract from one of the most straight forward warrantee statements I've ever read. The trouble is that it doesn't say who has to prove it was either the cause or contributor or not. So the scenario would likely be (especially with something expensive) dealer denies claim on basis of suspicion and owner has to prove otherwise. Our consumer laws would probably only then kick in after the "proof" (opinion) was obtained resulting in sparring experts at owners expense......but it is very tempting isn't it. I'm not aware of Kias overall attitude but I had a godawful experience with numerous warrantee issues with BMW.

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
how about the 2.0t ? Any hope to get it past 300hp wo significant modding ?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I think that could be easily attainable with a simple tune or tune and downpipe combo.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
I don't see anything on their site for the 2.0 but I'm sure it's coming, and I'm sure they will get plenty of power out of it. They seem to squeeze a lot out of the Optima/Sonata turbos, which I would bet are more restricted, so I'm sure we expect big gains for the Stinger too.

brentr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
how do i get my hands on this tune