Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Rear window mount dashcam installation, removal of interior trim?

Liminator

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Newbie here. I?m installing my 2 channel dashcam system (front and rear) that I?m swapping out from my old car. Does anyone know how to safely remove the top section of interior plastic trim under the center brake light? I need to pass my cable through the rubber wiring tube that joins the hatch to the car. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Most of the time you can feed the wires through the rear without taking off any panels. The panels pop off quite easily with a nice tug.

OP
L

Liminator

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Thread Starter #3
Tugging is very tempting... no pun intended, but I wanted to be sure that pulling on the panels would not do any irreparable damage. Unfortunately I think I will have to at least remove the one panel under the brake light on the rear hatch to be able to access the rubber conduit where the wiring harness passes between the hatch and the vehicle. I could always pass my cable to the rear can half-ass, but I want the install to be as clean and professional as possible.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I am in the same boat Liminator.

If you figure it out could you possibly post some pictures on how you ran the cables?