Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 Kia Stinger GT Redline Review

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Another solid review for the Kia Stinger.[strongman]

Fast forward to 12:30 for some great exhaust notes.
[video=youtube;laDTa-5sQds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laDTa-5sQds[/video]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Exhaust does sound great.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
According to the Redline reviewer, there is no Qi wireless charging or 360 surround view camera (even on the GT2 model). Does anyone know whether that is going to be the case for the US models?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
According to the Redline reviewer, there is no Qi wireless charging or 360 surround view camera (even on the GT2 model). Does anyone know whether that is going to be the case for the US models?
I believe what they are driving is the version we are getting. I was thinking of getting a small Qi charging mat and putting it in that open cubby next ports.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I believe what they are driving is the version we are getting. I was thinking of getting a small Qi charging mat and putting it in that open cubby next ports.

Actually on the US version, that open area is deleted since there's no wireless charging; they left a space in front of the ports though:

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
That's even better since you can find more pads that can fit in that space.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Great review! This is the first time I've watched Redline Reviews. I'll have to watch more of his reviews. I like Everyman Driver too. I can do without the wireless charging mat but I sincerely hope that a 360 camera will be available in the US. It's bad enough that KIA took away the two best colors away (deep chroma blue and panther metal)from the US but now they're taking away features too??? I hope this guy is wrong...

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I read in another post that these Stingers that were being driven on the press day were pre production US cars. So maybe they just didn't have the 360 cameras installed but the production version will???

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
Unfortunately i believe we are not gonna get the wireless charging in the US spec which is weird since you can get it on the SXL Optima ($10k lesser value). We also wont be getting the 360 Cam and heated rear seats. Again both in the Optima. No heated steering wheel unless you opt for the AWD. All these options will be available in the Canadian spec GT and GT Limited, which oddly enough, is cheaper than the US spec GT1 and GT2. Feels like we got ripped.