Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stage 2 Pressertech tuning available

Bkeysting

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
I didn?t really think of that as I posted it lol. But it?s so much more head to the headrest. Sucks you in and pushes forward insanely fast. I?m just so impressed with this tune on this car.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Any updates?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Latest dyno 450whp with tune and K&N intakes

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Wow great numbers

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Those are excellent numbers.
Wonder if they changed or gaped the spark plugs.

Matt77

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Audi B8 S4
Those aren't WHP. They are corrected to flywheel by approximating 15 percent driveline loss. Also without a baseline it's meaningless.

t-mo94

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Those aren't WHP. They are corrected to flywheel by approximating 15 percent driveline loss. Also without a baseline it's meaningless.
Buuuuut the wheel readings are at the bottom of the chart no? Almost 400 ponies? Well over 420 ft-lb? Plus if at the crank we can probably guess baseline is somewhere around 365 hp and 376 ft-lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
Thank you Stinger Mike for posting our graph! We are doing a baseline run a week from today. We are keeping everyone in the loop during our development. We are pretty happy to say the least at the numbers laid down to wheels. We expect our baseline dyno to be between 310 and 320. Possibly, depending on conditions, 330. Summers are stupid hot in Atlanta. Shop ambient temp was 94F (at 10am!!). We had 3 fans on it trying to reduce heat soak. We are also going to run it in the late fall when conditions are perfect.. those numbers will be SO Sick!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thank you for keeping the development going. There is definitely potential to be unlocked on this platform. Keep us posted.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
You're absolutely right. Hopefully they'll post some base numbers soon.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Buuuuut the wheel readings are at the bottom of the chart no? Almost 400 ponies? Well over 420 ft-lb? Plus if at the crank we can probably guess baseline is somewhere around 365 hp and 376 ft-lb

Without a baseline quote telling us what the car was running BEFORE mods, we have no idea what these numbers mean.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Well, realistically, we know pretty closely what the base line numbers are. It's a Stinger. We know that the wheels are getting somewhere between 330 and 340. LOL

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Well, realistically, we know pretty closely what the base line numbers are. It's a Stinger. We know that the wheels are getting somewhere between 330 and 340. LOL
You've missed the point.

Every dyno is different and conditions change by the hour. The only real way to measure is to take the same individual car in stock (or previous) condition and dyno it, then modify and dyno again. We've seen many, many misleading dyno charts over the years.

Matt77

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Audi B8 S4
I've had many cars dyno tuned and done some tuning myself on the Haltech platform (600whp 350Z TT) and the first thing you always do is a baseline run, you can't tune without knowing where you are starting from and obviously you want to know the gains yourself. I'm guessing they already have a baseline chart but don't want to share it as it will show the numbers are inflated.

t-mo94

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
You've missed the point.

Every dyno is different and conditions change by the hour. The only real way to measure is to take the same individual car in stock (or previous) condition and dyno it, then modify and dyno again. We've seen many, many misleading dyno charts over the years.
Man y?all really wanna lay into this poor guy. Here?s the baseline off of their Facebook. Now I?m not trying to defend them or nothing. Just don?t want any of these tuners to back out of working with the platform cuz y?all come for the neck so hard lol.

OP
T
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #37
Please see kiastinger . Com. We posted our baseline there. This forum will not allow us to post images.

OP
T
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #38
Thanks man! I dont know why they are keeping us from posting images.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is awesome, thanks for stepping up and sticking to your word.

Now if only I could find a spare ECU.[???:)]