Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone having issues with leather fading???

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I am noticing several spots on my seats that are "fading" or developing white spots. Anyone else seeing this? I have only 2100 miles on the car and most of this is happening in the back seat where no one has ever been...

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Ive noticed similar wear spots on mine too. Especially on the side bolsters.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
No issues to report here on black nappa leather.

Is yours nappa leather?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Have you tried wiping that area with a damp towel?

OP
N
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Yes, it's the red Napa...
I have tried wiping it with both a sample cloth and a "leather wipe". The spots will not go away.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a black nappa leather 2.0 and the back seat has what looks like to be the same grease like looking areas in the back seat when the light hits it. It looks like oil or some kind of something was rubbed on the back seat that is either wax or something. Either grease from the factory rubbed off onto the back seat when put in or our local dealers used something on our seats that they shouldn't have. I have the flu right now of course with my luck so I'll get on this soon. One battle at a time.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hey guys I have a black nappa leather 2.0 and the back seat has what looks like to be the same grease like looking areas in the back seat when the light hits it. It looks like oil or some kind of something was rubbed on the back seat that is either wax or something. Either grease from the factory rubbed off onto the back seat when put in or our local dealers used something on our seats that they shouldn't have. I have the flu right now of course with my luck so I'll get on this soon. One battle at a time.
keep us posted.