Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Cracked bumper on new car.

f155mph

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Just pick up our new car last week and while washing it over the weekend I noticed that some of the paint on the bottom of the bumper is scraped off. What worst I found this small crack by the grill. Anyone have this issue? How do I insert an image to the post?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Can you post a pic? Maybe its related to the paint issues.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
any photos of the damage?

Did you inspect the car before driving off the lot?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I?m always worried about cracking the front lower lip/air dam on a parking block or high curb. Perhaps someone at the dealer did a job on it. I would think the dealer would fix it for you.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
So far on my GT2, the parking sensors have always warned me of the distance to the parking curb. One of the big problems with any of these newer cars (all makes) that have embedded sensors in the front and rear "bumpers" is that they are vulnerable to impact from idiots in parallel parking spaces who don't know where they are and just go until they contact the "bumper" of the car in front or behind. I used to parallel park whenever possible to avoid door dings but now I can't do that. My Pontiac G8 GT had a very low front air dam / bumper and it was always getting scraped by my wife until I got her trained. but it still scraped on low driveways or where a parking lot had a deep dip at the street. I got used to crossing those at an angle. So far the Stinger is un-scraped. With the front wheels farther forward than the G8, I'm golden so far combined with the sensors. But not all Stinger trim levels have the sensors (DriveWise.)

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Not so sure about the sensors, they work great for other cars, walls/objects in the garage, but i?ve pulled up to within an inch of a ?high? sidewalk curb, and the sensor did not go off. I think i?ll do some testing to be sure (with something soft).

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Yes please share some pictures.

OP
F

f155mph

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
I tried sharing a pic, but can't seem to do it. Any suggestion? I did inspect the car but I missed it, the crack in actually next to the grill by the headlight.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I've read about a problem similar to this on another forum. I think with the other one, the bumper was getting similar damage around the headlight area. Apparently there's some flexing going on with the bumper when driving and it causes the bumper to rub against the headlight or in your case, the grille. Bring it in to the dealer and have them look at it. There might be a service bulletin on it.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
OP
F

f155mph

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
I just did Saturday. They said they will have to contact Kia. I will post an update when I hear back. So pissed at myself that I missed it when picking up the car.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
That looks terrible hope it gets resolved rather soon.