Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Updated info on Kia Stinger LAP3 Protuner

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
This thing is starting to look like a pipe dream lol

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
This thing is starting to look like a pipe dream lol
Lol. Not really. They are still pushing the boundaries of what it is capable of.

*NEW RECORD*
Our R&D only continues with the Kia Stinger & Genesis G70 3.3T platforms.
540BHP (485WHP with ~10% powertrain loss on RWD)
LAP3 Pro-Tuner Remapping
491.9ps/69.89kgm(485whp/505ft-lbs)
- Intake, Full Exhaust, Meth Injection Kit
The car is now making 175HP+ over stock 365HP!

The LAP3 Pro-Tuner release is just around the corner.
IMG_1745.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Lol. Not really. They are still pushing the boundaries of what it is capable of.

*NEW RECORD*
Our R&D only continues with the Kia Stinger & Genesis G70 3.3T platforms.
540BHP (485WHP with ~10% powertrain loss on RWD)
LAP3 Pro-Tuner Remapping
491.9ps/69.89kgm(485whp/505ft-lbs)
- Intake, Full Exhaust, Meth Injection Kit
The car is now making 175HP+ over stock 365HP!

The LAP3 Pro-Tuner release is just around the corner.
View attachment 1472

That's cool and all, but how many people are going to take it beyond bolt ons vs meth injection and all that?

I'd release it with the mappings for boltons now and since this thing is upgradable, why not release those maps afterwards? Honestly, i'll go the JB4 route if they take too much longer.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That's cool and all, but how many people are going to take it beyond bolt ons vs meth injection and all that?

I'd release it with the mappings for boltons now and since this thing is upgradable, why not release those maps afterwards? Honestly, i'll go the JB4 route if they take too much longer.
[MENTION=318]stinger1919[/MENTION], Just get the JB4 now and then get the LAP3 once it's available. With the huge price difference, you'll be able to resell the JB4 to anyone on the forum if you choose to keep the LAP3.

I just couldn't justify the cost being 100% higher. JB4 is coming with WMI controls as well.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
They actually posted it up for pre-order. The initial 50 units are $925.

Funnily enough, they announced it on Instagram to drive more follows since it didn't really get posted anywhere else, lol

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
They actually posted it up for pre-order. The initial 50 units are $925.

Funnily enough, they announced it on Instagram to drive more follows since it didn't really get posted anywhere else, lol
Yeah, that's still a ton of dough for a piggy back. The JB4 is only $430 and that's after they raised the price. LOL Even if you get the BT connection, app, AND the fuel wires for AFR's it's still only $600. Still 50% less money for very similar power gains.

brancky3

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Yeah, that's still a ton of dough for a piggy back. The JB4 is only $430 and that's after they raised the price. LOL Even if you get the BT connection, app, AND the fuel wires for AFR's it's still only $600. Still 50% less money for very similar power gains.
I've had JB4 on my previous Audi S3 and highly recommend it. The support is great, they analyze logs very quickly, and they adapt to what users want. I feel like their price is very fair and I definitely wouldn't want to compete with them in the market. I don't know how Lap3 came up with their price but there's no reason I can imagine to justify 100% markup

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
No one is forcing anyone to buy this product. One chooses to purchase this on their own free will. Out of the 50 units that are for pre order only 14 units are left.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No one is forcing anyone to buy this product. One chooses to purchase this on their own free will. Out of the 50 units that are for pre order only 14 units are left.

That's awesome guys! Congratulations!