Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Updated info on Kia Stinger LAP3 Protuner

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
[MENTION=874]thaworldsbeststinger[/MENTION] - what made you select intake and downpipe as your mods? why not tune for a 3.3T with an exhaust, for instance?
Not my car... but it as what the car came in with . Some with intake only some with full exhaust. but those parts don't mean much when the turbo is being maxed out with a tune or chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Not my car... but it as what the car came in with . Some with intake only some with full exhaust. but those parts don't mean much when the turbo is being maxed out with a tune or chip

Do you believe at around ~450whp the turbo is being maxed out?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. It is a GT14 series turbo so it could be running out of steam.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. It is a GT14 series turbo so it could be running out of steam.
I am surprised we still do not have the exact specs of the turbos, the motor has been out for almost 2 years and still no info anywhere online with the turbo specifications.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
We did get confirmation on the turbos used form a garret employee here.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I am surprised we still do not have the exact specs of the turbos, the motor has been out for almost 2 years and still no info anywhere online with the turbo specifications.
There is info but not released as yet.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
We did get confirmation on the turbos used form a garret employee here.
I remember that thread, I think it was a blown turbo or something and the engine was out. It is a GT14 series but with Hyundai required specification, would be nice to know things like the A/R, exducer/inducer, CFM etc etc.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Do you believe at around ~450whp the turbo is being maxed out?
I don't know if I agree that it is the case. Remember that there are TWO turbos in there, not just one. So far, the tunes have pressure dumping at 18 or so psi.

The factory pushes that 2.0L to around 24 psi when they race it in the Pirelli wc circuit. An engine with 70% more displaced air through a pair of turbos that's currently doing mid 400's WHILE dumping pressure at under 20 pounds of boost?

I think that there's another 100 hiding inside just waiting to come out!

My $0.02. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Stick around. They might just achieve that benchmark

To be blunt: I prefer the horsepower. The saying "there is no replacement for displacement" is where this engine is at its weakest: top-speed. It's got a mad dash to 60, but it actually loses a lot of steam compared to my old 5.3L V8 when it comes to approaching the triple digits. Thus, even though horsepower and torque are related, I prefer the horsepower over the torque because that's what this car is lacking. It gets going just fine with turbos this tiny [driving]

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Is there an estimated release date for this?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Is there an estimated release date for this?
They are in the packaging process no so by late next week we should start seeing these on Lap3 website.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
They are in the packaging process no so by late next week we should start seeing these on Lap3 website.

In that case, late next week they shall have all my monies! lol. Too bad they can't tie the app into Android Auto...that would be icing on the cake![rockon]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
In that case, late next week they shall have all my monies! lol. Too bad they can't tie the app into Android Auto...that would be icing on the cake![rockon]
Yea, being able to control stuff from the center console screen via Android Auto would have been car nerd cargasms all day... I hate having to look at my phone or a laptop or something to get readouts, etc [biggrin]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Oh geez, the LAP3 USA website says $1200 for this thing... My gawd that's steep considering an actual tune would cost less. Hell, I miss the days of HPTuners, now [unbelieveable]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Oh geez, the LAP3 USA website says $1200 for this thing... My gawd that's steep considering an actual tune would cost less. Hell, I miss the days of HPTuners, now [unbelieveable]
Wow... Makes the JB4 look pretty nice @ $600! LOL

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
The pro-tuner put down more power than any ecu tune on the market?
And this is resellable.... ecu tunes are not.
Also phone apps and all that is impossible with the ECU tune.
it does everything ecu tune can in terms of making power

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
For everyone interested in the pro-tuner module..... pre-order sale for the first 50unit will be cheap. Get it while it?s available.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
For everyone interested in the pro-tuner module..... pre-order sale for the first 50unit will be cheap. Get it while it?s available.

That's what I'm wondering: if they'll do a group buy or an initial run pricing scheme to get these out in the wild to spread word of the product.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States

When and where is this supposed to happen?