Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Muffler Delete

msr7878

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT base
Had a local exhaust shop just make me some straight pipes to go from the flange back, I'm pleased with the results

Watch "Stinger noise" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/AK1SwmAqWFU

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
sounds pretty good. did you notice any difference performance wise?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I like it, sounds great.

OP
M

msr7878

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT base
Thread Starter #4
Not sure about performance increase, wife thinks so.... small but noticeable mpg increase

Mr Gt2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Gt2
Not bad sound pretty good I just ordered the borla cat back can't wait to put it on tomorrow

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Let us know your thoughts.[like]

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
Hey Stinger folks,
If you modify the exhaust on our Stingers and IF it creates more noise than planned- don't despair, there is hope.

I had a Borla system installed and I love it, but it caused a few complaints from it's 95dB cabin rumble during acceleration. I loved the sound (I'm partially deaf) but it was a little much for passengers- so I (and others) have worked to deaden this sound somewhat.

There are numerous sound deadening materials that can be used, but concentrate on the tire storage area. By using Dynamat and a few layers of other materials, mine is sweet now. It's still kinda loud when I want it to be, but so pleasant of a rumble. The spare tire area allows this sound to kinda intensify. I tested using various foam, towels, moving blankets, etc to get my ideas, then ordered my non-flammable materials for permanence. It's not a lot of work, you only need do this once (and it's done).

Ignore this if the sound doesn't bother you, but don't despair if you find your modification makes things a little too loud- you can improve things. I understand some may wonder why we make our cars louder then complain, I can't explain that to you. I didn't want a quiet Stinger, nor obnoxious Stinger- now mine is louder AND enjoyable. It simply takes a little effort, and a few dollars (or pesos, etc...),not that much.

When you pull the covers to look at the spare, you will see the void that radiates all that noise to the cab. A little noise dampening helps...

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Sounds great. How does it sound from the inside?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
What's the cost for the delete?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Does anyone who has had an exhaust mod also have a HUD? I recently got a muffler delete and while the drone isn’t terrible, it vibrates my HUD like crazy. Wondering if anyone else has this issue too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The HUD can move/vibrate while driving on uneven roads. So if the exhaust is making the cabin vibrate, the HUD will as well.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
What exactly did you do? Sounds great! I'd like to do it too but I'm not sure what you did. Thanks!

Magneto

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
How much did they charge you to do this? I am Trying to get options.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Not sure what others have paid, but for the shops near me it was $60 per side, per component. So my muffler delete was $120 and would have been an extra $120 for a resonator delete. I ended up paying another shop to weld back on the stock mufflers for $50. The drone was pretty bad IMO and I found myself accelerating harder more often just to get out of the drone range. The HUD vibration was the deal breaker for me though, the display vibrated like crazy in the drone range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
What did you do to get this sound? Curious and would like to do it myself. Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!