Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

ATT: Micro Blue Stinger Owners regarding paint issues

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Just got word that a letter is being sent out regarding paint issues so keep an eye out.

Also Sunset Yellow might be next.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thanks for this. I'll keep an eye out. If someone has received their's please share.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
Just got word that a letter is being sent out regarding paint issues so keep an eye out.

Also Sunset Yellow might be next.
What kind of letter recall?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Yeah if you are having paint issues with any other color you have to press the dealerships and make a complaint to kia consumer service. As of right now they are only doing stop sale on sunset yellow and offering corrections for it per this article so the more colors affected and more complaints hopefully they will revisit maybe of the problems.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/07/kias-stinger-has-a-big-yellow-problem/

Also keep an eye out for the silicone peeling up by the rear windshield lower portion. It happened mine and also to a premium stinger at the dealership showroom