Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

First look at the Stillen Intake System

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
No. I asked but said they wont know until the first sets are ready.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Here's a better picture.
thats alot better pic. looks good like the enclosed box over the k&n design that the hood acts like the seal.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
It needs more flash, though. Painted name or something?? LOL

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
It needs more flash, though. Painted name or something?? LOL
I was going to just get some rattle cans and chrome/aluminum paint the quasi-open box [biggrin] Of course, assuming the price is fair... If they priced it the same as the K&N, they'd probably outsell it, heh

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I was going to just get some rattle cans and chrome/aluminum paint the quasi-open box [biggrin] Of course, assuming the price is fair... If they priced it the same as the K&N, they'd probably outsell it, heh
I doubt they have the production capacity of K&N, though.

Snazzing that box up is a real opportunity they're missing.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GTLimited
I hope they have rubber mouldings around the box! Looks unfinished and will rattle against body metal. The hood won?t seal that gap on its own I don?t think.

Mr Gt2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Gt2
Well I definitely want one especially if its cheaper than k&n if not then air filter will be my last upgrade because you gain the least from a air intake most of the time only 8-18 hp for most cars. I rather do other upgrades first that gives me more gains

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
What is taking so long to post this product up along with pics?! [dunno]

Of course, this is a tough win for them: if they take too long, I go K&N Typhoon. If they post an outrageous price, I go K&N Typhoon... lmao

Mr Gt2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Gt2
Yea I agree

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

Of course, this is a tough win for them: if they take too long, I go K&N Typhoon. If they post an outrageous price, I go K&N Typhoon... lmao
I'd think Stillen will keep their price a touch below K&N. Guess we'll see but for their sake I'd sure as heck hope so. Injen should definitely be at a lower number if you're using K&N as a starting point. Injen's always a top choice and from what I've heard are getting pretty close to the product release. Then there's NGM too. More of a basic intake setup but for ~$200 shipped or so will be well worth considering.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

I sent them an email last week and they are still finalizing the design from the prototype.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #33
Just got word they'll be available in 14 days.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Welp, I ran out of patience: I ordered the K&N Typhoon intake kit (and have mods planned) so it won't matter if they even post up the product tomorrow, lol... Those of you who have seen my Magnaflow exhaust review should know what to expect. [biggrin]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Welp, I ran out of patience: I ordered the K&N Typhoon intake kit (and have mods planned) so it won't matter if they even post up the product tomorrow, lol... Those of you who have seen my Magnaflow exhaust review should know what to expect. [biggrin]
How are you liking the K&N?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
How are you liking the K&N?
So far, it seems to be doing pretty well in the FedEx truck it's still on making it's way from the midwest... [^]

I also have some plans on modding it, so I'll post the thread up when the time comes!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
They took too long, with false promises on release dates and without more detailed photos of the kit I decided to opt for a true CAI. I purchased the intake and intercooler kits from [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]