Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Winter Wheels & Tires

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
For those living in the Great White North what are you planning on running during the winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
For those living in the Great White North what are you planning on running during the winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been running Bridgestone Blizzak WS80.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I liked the Michelin X-Ice3s on another vehicle. Haven't put snows on the Stinger yet. Using up the 18" all-seasons for now.

WestCDA

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited AWD
Couldn't bear the thought of putting stamped steel wheels on such a nice looking car. I have 18" Michelin X-Ice3 on Fastco FC04 titanium color wheels, which is the same package supplied by various Canadian Kia dealers. Those were on the Stinger I test drove in March with winter road conditions - very impressed with traction and handling.

Two local Kia dealers quoted 2600 for the package, so I bought the components myself and paid less than 1900. Got the wheels from an online Canadian rim supplier, the TPMS from S. Korea via Ebay, and the tires (including mounting on the new rims) from Costco - which included their road hazard warranty.

They haven't turned a kilometer yet on the car - sitting on a rack in my garage awaiting the return of the white stuff.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I know that the Blizzaks and the X-Ice are the premium amazing winter tires out there but damn, If you've got an AWD car I just don't see where you need to spend that kind of money.

I'm in upstate NY and drive all over in the winter. My previous car was a 2010 Subaru Legacy GT which I bought a second set of rims and ran Cooper Weather Handlers on them. For the price I don't think you can beat them. I got more miles per set than the summers or UHP all seasons that I ever ran on the car. We are running the same winter tire on my wife's "living room on wheels" (Toyota Sienna AWD) and we couldn't be happier.

That's where I'll be heading come winter.

Reactions
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I ran non-studded Nokians on my previous front wheel drive Ford Focus ST with traction control - R2 Hakkapeliittas - and was very pleased with them. I am researching the Nokian R3 Hakkapeliittas (also non-studded) for use on my Stinger G2T. I doubt that I will change out the rims for winter driving. I live in Maine and, last winter, for the first time in my 5 and 1/2 years of being here, I had to twice leave the ST - a wonderful car, by the way - at the bottom of the steep street on which I live. As I have aged, I've become a bit more wimpy about winter driving and decided that it was time to move to an AWD vehicle. I have also always enjoyed somewhat sportier vehicles and the Stinger with AWD meets those criteria. To date, I am totally pleased with the Stinger, but the winter will be the big test for its AWD system. [Yes, I could have gotten a Ford Focus RS, but it is far too "boy-racer" for me; besides, Ford is ending American production of all of its cars save for the Mustang]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Toyo Observe GSI-6 for me. 1282$ for all tires tx and installation include.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I liked the Michelin X-Ice3s on another vehicle. Haven't put snows on the Stinger yet. Using up the 18" all-seasons for now.
Hi There. I see that you have the GT2 (Brembo brakes). I understood that is possible to replace the 19 original staggered wheels with 225/18in identical in front and rear. If so can you tell me the offset needed at rear. Thanks!

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hi There. I see that you have the GT2 (Brembo brakes). I understood that is possible to replace the 19 original staggered wheels with 225/18in identical in front and rear. If so can you tell me the offset needed at rear. Thanks!
Offset depends on the wheel. Have a look on tirerack.com, there lots of styles to choose from.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Offset depends on the wheel. Have a look on tirerack.com, there lots of styles to choose from.
Of course but what I?m saying here is that on the rear, if I want to change the 19in and the 8.5in of width for a 18in and 8in of width I have to have a different (bigger?) offset comparing to front. If not the wheel will not fill the fender as the original.[screwy] Maybe I?m wrong. Your opinion?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Of course but what I'm saying here is that on the rear, if I want to change the 19in and the 8.5in of width for a 18in and 8in of width I have to have a different (bigger?) offset comparing to front. If not the wheel will not fill the fender as the original.[screwy] Maybe I'm wrong. Your opinion?
You should be fine with 18x8 for both front and rear with the same offset. For tires, you can go with 225/45/R18 for both front and rear. If you prefer stagger look and have the rear sticks out a bit more, you can also run a 5mm spacer in the rear.

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
Of course but what I?m saying here is that on the rear, if I want to change the 19in and the 8.5in of width for a 18in and 8in of width I have to have a different (bigger?) offset comparing to front. If not the wheel will not fill the fender as the original.[screwy] Maybe I?m wrong. Your opinion?
Pmctire in Sherbrooke has several 18? wheels available and they guarantee fitment. I already ordered mine and will post a pic once I get a chance to test fit. Was supposed to occur this weekend but been a little preoccupied with the tornado aftermath.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thanks fort the info! I'll check with them. Can you tell me a price? Good luck with the aftermath. I sympathize with you.

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
They have alloy wheel options from $150 cdn and up. I think the ones I ordered were about $170 minus a 10% discount promotion they had running at the time. I ordered the Dunlop Winter Maxx2 with them and the total was around $1715 including mounting, balancing, shipping, hardware and taxes. Wheels were RSSW Faith which seems to be sold out at the moment. They look like blacked out versions of the 19" Stinger OEM wheels.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Pmctire in Sherbrooke has several 18? wheels available and they guarantee fitment. I already ordered mine and will post a pic once I get a chance to test fit. Was supposed to occur this weekend but been a little preoccupied with the tornado aftermath.
PMC tire are the best!!! lolll because I live there loll

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
RSSW Faith in 18s seems to fit. And the dark gray matches the dark chrome trim.

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
I was only test fitting one wheel over the brembos. It will be a couple more weeks before I put all four winters on. But I will post more pictures at that time.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
I was only test fitting one wheel over the brembos. It will be a couple more weeks before I put all four winters on. But I will post more pictures at that time.
Great thanks.