Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Winter Wheels & Tires

WestCDA

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited AWD
Fastco has a vehicle visualizer option on their website, if you want to see what their different models of wheel look like on a Stinger. These are the FC04 in Titanium finish, on a white Stinger.

Stinger_FC04.JPG

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Hey man, I bought the same wheels and my tire shop is hesitant to install because they dont think they will fit. Sent you a private message, maybe you can give me a call!
TIA

WestCDA

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited AWD
Hey man, I bought the same wheels and my tire shop is hesitant to install because they dont think they will fit. Sent you a private message, maybe you can give me a call!
TIA
Not sure who you're addressing (I didn't get a PM), but in the case of the Fast FC04 wheels they are a definite fit. They were the wheel used in one of the first 'packages' provided to the Canadian Kia dealers for a winter tire/wheel combination, and were on the car that I test drove back at the beginning of the year. I was just at the dealer this weekend, and noticed they have one hanging on the wall in their parts department accessory section.

The manufacturer (Fast) specifies either the +30 or +40 offset on their website for the Stinger, and I went with +30 as they visually fill out the wheel well better.

matttaylor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Not sure who you're addressing (I didn't get a PM), but in the case of the Fast FC04 wheels they are a definite fit. They were the wheel used in one of the first 'packages' provided to the Canadian Kia dealers for a winter tire/wheel combination, and were on the car that I test drove back at the beginning of the year. I was just at the dealer this weekend, and noticed they have one hanging on the wall in their parts department accessory section.

The manufacturer (Fast) specifies either the +30 or +40 offset on their website for the Stinger, and I went with +30 as they visually fill out the wheel well better.
For reference, I bought the same wheel, same dimensions as the post above (18x8 +40). I have been speaking with him about our wheels and the fitment all weekend.

I dry fit the wheel yesterday, and there was next to no room between the wheel and the strut bar (see attached image). The 40 offset did however clear the Brembo just fine. I reached out to the company I purchased the wheels from (Quattro Tires) and they were happy to swap the wheels for me for different ones. In summary I'm going from a 40 offset to a 35 and that will allow for a greater gap between the inside of the wheel to the strut.

Wheel 1.jpg Wheel 2.jpg New Wheel.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
For reference, I bought the same wheel, same dimensions as the post above (18x8 +40). I have been speaking with him about our wheels and the fitment all weekend.

I dry fit the wheel yesterday, and there was next to no room between the wheel and the strut bar (see attached image). The 40 offset did however clear the Brembo just fine. I reached out to the company I purchased the wheels from (Quattro Tires) and they were happy to swap the wheels for me for different ones. In summary I'm going from a 40 offset to a 35 and that will allow for a greater gap between the inside of the wheel to the strut.

View attachment 1447 View attachment 1448 View attachment 1449

Thanks for the share, they'll probably rub quite bad once you get the tires on there.

matttaylor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
No doubt! Hence the return and swap of the wheels!

gagz316

Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT AWD 2018
I've also bought Fast FC04 wheels with 40 mm offset, and yes it is very close of the strut bar. But if you check with a OEM 19 inches wheel, it is almost the same distance between the wheel and the strut bar.

matttaylor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
I've also bought Fast FC04 wheels with 40 mm offset, and yes it is very close of the strut bar. But if you check with a OEM 19 inches wheel, it is almost the same distance between the wheel and the strut bar.
The difference is 6mm closer than the stock wheels. 34 offset to 40. Far too close for my comfort and keep in mind that is without the tire mounted, which in theory, would be even a bit closer than the wheel.

Im going with 18 x 8 and a 35 offset all around for my winter setup.

PS. We got 26cm of snow in Calgary last 24 hours... NOT FUN!

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
So after chatting with Matt in Calgary (see above), and trying on the RSSW Faith with 40mm offset that I posted pictures of earlier in the thread, I ended up going with the RWC wheels that Yan posted. When the steering wheel was turned, the 40mm was a hair's width away from the wheel controller box (black box with a yellow sticker on it). I was not comfortable with the fit. At first we discussed the possibility of spacers, but in talking to PMCtire, we ultimately ended up going with the much better fit 33mm RWC wheel. Pics to come.

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
704CDE6D-FB6F-45E6-A410-AF022ABE46F7.jpg C42BDFB2-99E7-4ECB-9800-C5902C7B3768.jpg

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Hey guys this is my first car I ever owned that has low profile tires /and is performance oriented. What is the purpose of changing the tires, aside from the salt and how can you tell when they need air? I have a stinger 2.0 awd base and I think what I want to do is buy the GT rims as a second set or the good set and use the stock ones as my winter set. What do you guys think? Sorry for sounding dumb haha

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Some change out tires in the winter because winter tires offer much better grip than all season tires. Also some of the Stingers come with ultra high performance summer tires on them. They are ice skates in the cold let alone the snow.

Buying a second set of rims for the winters makes it so you can change them out at home and it saves the rims the abuse of breaking them down 2x per year.

Lower profile tires are more difficult to tell when the air pressure is low. Check the tires and see how the actual pressure correlates to what is shown in the dash. Always best to check in and see what they are at every once in a while.

Like you say, I will buy a nice set of rims for my summers and convert my OEM rims to my winter set.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
So after chatting with Matt in Calgary (see above), and trying on the RSSW Faith with 40mm offset that I posted pictures of earlier in the thread, I ended up going with the RWC wheels that Yan posted. When the steering wheel was turned, the 40mm was a hair's width away from the wheel controller box (black box with a yellow sticker on it). I was not comfortable with the fit. At first we discussed the possibility of spacers, but in talking to PMCtire, we ultimately ended up going with the much better fit 33mm RWC wheel. Pics to come.
Thanks Doozerd! I am relieved. I received them (the RWC rims) but I have the appointment for the installation only on November 13th. That along with my tires (Continental Winter Contact SI) and my TPMS arrived from Korea. From the pictures you posted everything seems to be OK. Now the clearance should be comfortable. The anthracite finish is a good match for the dark chrome (when dirty, ha, ha). Have a safe winter!

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
Thanks Doozerd! I am relieved. I received them (the RWC rims) but I have the appointment for the installation only on November 13th. That along with my tires (Continental Winter Contact SI) and my TPMS arrived from Korea. From the pictures you posted everything seems to be OK. Now the clearance should be comfortable. The anthracite finish is a good match for the dark chrome (when dirty, ha, ha). Have a safe winter!
Yes, they look pretty good. The colour isn't an exact match to the dark chrome (the chrome is more 'brown'), but it'll do. The other good thing with RWC is that they do not need centering rings, and you can use the OEM nuts. Super simple to swap from the OEM to the RWC.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
Ginger got her winter boots!!

225/45R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 XL

On

18X8 FOCAL F51 (cheapest possible wheel at tire rack...lol)

They look pretty decent I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
Ginger got her winter boots!!

225/45R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 XL

On

18X8 FOCAL F51 (cheapest possible wheel at tire rack...lol)

They look pretty decent I think.

There isn?t much clearance... but they fit

matttaylor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
So I just realized that the photo I uploaded from my iPhone was upside down, which is strange... So, I deleted the post and here is the new one.

Winter Setup!! RSSW Custom Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 tires on my 2018 Stinger GT Limited.

IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0278.JPG

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hi All - I live in New England and am currently running the '18 all seasons on my GT. I am looking to get winter shoes to preserve the current tire/wheel setup on the car - What size tire is recommended to switch to for winter shoes?

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States