Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger smacks modded 2018 Mustang GT in 1/4

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
[video=youtube_share;rdsxfTJiTVw]https://youtu.be/rdsxfTJiTVw[/video]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
That?s awesome

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Great now I'm just going to have nothing but mustang's trying to race me lol. How much faster would the mustang be in a manual?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The new 10spd mustang is much faster than the Stinger, the bad launch killed it.

OP
CaliSting
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
The new 10spd mustang is much faster than the Stinger, the bad launch killed it.
Yes however as indicated in real world Stinger GT AWD will always leave the line faster. And 10 speed mustang couldn?t get around Stinger multiple runs off camera as well. What I found impressive is that Stock Stinger was within roughly 3 seconds off a suspension modded Mustang on bigger tires doing road course with huge straight. Heck throw bigger wheels and tires on Stinger with springs and bigger bars and I think that road course time would have been a lot closer.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Nice runs, would be interesting to see how a RWD tuned Stinger does against the Mustang GT.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Great article as I've wondered how our Stinger would do against the 2018 Mustang, but we need a stock to stock comparison. The Mustang had some mods to it.