Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who plans on ordering their Kia Stinger with AWD?

Who plans on ordering their Kia Stinger with AWD?

• Yes

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Whats the difference between the GT and Limited for you guys up in Canada?
Here?s photos of the pre-order documentation that Kia dealers in Canada received. Ignore what I crossed out - those items are correct for the GT. I was trying to show my wife what was added to the GT Limited.

Attachments

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Here?s photos of the pre-order documentation that Kia dealers in Canada received. Ignore what I crossed out - those items are correct for the GT. I was trying to show my wife what was added to the GT Limited.
Interesting the carbon fiber is only on the GT and not the Limited.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Interesting the carbon fiber is only on the GT and not the Limited.
I?ve heard a few complaints about that. Personally, I prefer the brushed aluminum look.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hope you don't mind I rotated the image so its easier to see. I actually like the Canadian simplified version over our GT, GT1 and GT2 package here.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thanks! I couldn?t get those photos upright no matter what I tried.

I prefer our trim packages as well. Much better than the GT/GT1/GT2 with addon packages setup in the states.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
As mentuioned we can only get AWD here , but thats the way I would have spec'd if I had the option

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm getting AWD for the 3.3TT. Of course I need it for driving in the snow in the northeast but I don't only look at awd for driving in snow. In addition to also being good in rain and other slippery conditions, it's also great for off the line acceleration when a car has a lot of power. Also helps in the twisties at times.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
I'm getting AWD for the 3.3TT. Of course I need it for driving in the snow in the northeast but I don't only look at awd for driving in snow. In addition to also being good in rain and other slippery conditions, it's also great for off the line acceleration when a car has a lot of power. Also helps in the twisties at times.
I like that the AWD in the Stinger is normally biased toward the rear wheels. Although the drivers for the auto magazines don?t think highly of AWD in general, I think it will be the best of both worlds - off the line performance and winter driving.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I like that the AWD in the Stinger is normally biased toward the rear wheels. Although the drivers for the auto magazines don?t think highly of AWD in general, I think it will be the best of both worlds - off the line performance and winter driving.
I think they don't like it because it adds 150+ pounds of weight to the car and gives the car more understeer, whereas the same car without AWD has a little better balance, is a little lighter and more fun because you can get the tail to step out....ON A DRY RACE TRACK. And all that's fine but I'm going to need the car to transport people, pick up stuff at the store and drive is all kinds of weather conditions in all kinds of traffic and it will be my only car so it will have to be a "jack of all trades" so for me, all wheel drive please. And like you said, it's rear wheel biased so you can still have fun with it.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Having the AWD option is the main reason I'm getting this car.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
RWD no point on having the AWD option here in the south and its cheaper too.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I ended up getting a AWD.

Last edited:

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
RWD,for me..????

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
It certainly depends on where you live and how you drive. I live in the northern climes (Michigan), and use the car as a daily commuter (about 50 mi round-trip), along with plenty of get-away weekend trips and occasional jaunts of 'spirited' driving on the country roads. I didn't plan on it being a track car. I bought the GT2 AWD. It's what I wanted, but in my shopping of local dealers and dealers nearby via the web, I didn't even see a Stinger GT/1/2 with RWD available in any local inventory. I also understand RWD is not available in Canada. Also by the way, I test-drove GT's with the 19" wheels/Michelin high performance tires, and with the 18" wheels/Bridgestone all-season tires. I purposely went for the 18" because I felt that the slightly smoother ride was better for my commuting (in bad weather and on our notoriously lousy roads), as well as my 'true GT' use of the car. All that said, if I lived in a region with better weather and road conditions, I would most-likely have the RWD/19"... and take some frequent trips to the track. [biggrin]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
AWD is a must have here in Central Florida. We get so much rain, and everything is flat that AWD gives the necessary security on the wet and flooded roads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
AWD is a must have here in Central Florida. We get so much rain, and everything is flat that AWD gives the necessary security on the wet and flooded roads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Finally someone that I can relate to.[biggrin]