Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GPS Navigation SD CARD 96554J5700

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Kia Stinger GPS Navigation SD CARD US Map
96554-J5700

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Hi everyone I have a question about the Navigation card that came with my card. It wasn't explained to me at the dealership and putting it in and selecting the update was no issue at all. (was literally the first thing I did before leaving the dealer) but once it updates can you take the card out and store it?

I live in AZ and I worry about melting little plastic stuff when it gets hot out here and if there is no need to keep it in the SD slot then I will remove it. Just wasn't sure if anyone knows or not?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Hi everyone I have a question about the Navigation card that came with my card. It wasn't explained to me at the dealership and putting it in and selecting the update was no issue at all. (was literally the first thing I did before leaving the dealer) but once it updates can you take the card out and store it?

I live in AZ and I worry about melting little plastic stuff when it gets hot out here and if there is no need to keep it in the SD slot then I will remove it. Just wasn't sure if anyone knows or not?
The card has to stay in there because the map data is still stored on the card.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
The card has to stay in there because the map data is still stored on the card.
Awe man ok, I'm assuming they make it that way so you don't share updates I guess. Ok that leads me to the next question. Can I copy the data from one SD card onto another as a back up in case one is ruined in the heat? I don't expect to have an issue but I'd like a back up incase but not sure if it is a special SD card or something. It would be nice to update it more frequently without having to pay for an update but oh well.

SaleenTom

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Awe man ok, I'm assuming they make it that way so you don't share updates I guess. Ok that leads me to the next question. Can I copy the data from one SD card onto another as a back up in case one is ruined in the heat? I don't expect to have an issue but I'd like a back up incase but not sure if it is a special SD card or something. It would be nice to update it more frequently without having to pay for an update but oh well.
I've tried copying and even cloning it before, it won't work.[hihi]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I've tried copying and even cloning it before, it won't work.[hihi]
Boo! I'm not sure if updating it makes a whole lot of sense, the one that came with it has restaurants that have been out of business for a few years now so really only if there is a bunch of new roads or something would I think I need to update. Thanks for the info, I won't waste my time trying to copy anything and I'll just keep my car in the shade instead of the hot AZ sun as much as possible.