Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Thoughts on buying a "demo" vehicle?

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Any thoughts on whether a demo car is worth looking at? I was just told the only black/red with 18in tires the dealer has the GM has been using as a demo vehicle, snippet below:

"$47,376 +dealer and handling fees brings the price to $47,975+tax that my GM is willing to sell it for."

"My GM is firm on that price. That being said, we don't have any of the blue/black options and we only have 1 black/red GT2 with 18" wheels and all season tires. That vehicle is the one that my GM is using as a demo car. That vehicle has 1100 miles on it and the windshield is cracked but we will be replacing it. The windows have already been tinted and there is a clear bra on the vehicle ($700 cost)"

I'm thinking I might just settle for a 19inch model even though I was trying to avoid the cost of buying all seasons and the lack of being able to rotate tires.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Get the 19?, the 18? is limited to a lower top speed.

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Looks like Peak Kia in Littleton CO has an AWD GT2 Black/Red (Unless that's the one you're looking at, and they don't have the miles listed online). Might be worth the drive. I drove 3 hours to get mine. There's no Blue/Black GT2, unfortunately. It's all Blue/Cream. Can get Blue/Black in GT though (That's what I have)

As for AWD vs not, its all preference. In Colorado, may be worth it, but I'm in NE Utah (Just as much snow here) and I opted for the RWD, will take the cost savings and buy winter tires. No biggie.

The 1k miles isn't a big deal. Actually, it could be a plus because you know you aren't getting a lemon. Just have them touch up the paint and replace the windshield and it should be fine. As long as the dealer isn't dragging the car for fun, there shouldn't be any undue wear on the demo's engine.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Looks like Peak Kia in Littleton CO has an AWD GT2 Black/Red (Unless that's the one you're looking at, and they don't have the miles listed online). Might be worth the drive. I drove 3 hours to get mine. There's no Blue/Black GT2, unfortunately. It's all Blue/Cream. Can get Blue/Black in GT though (That's what I have)

As for AWD vs not, its all preference. In Colorado, may be worth it, but I'm in NE Utah (Just as much snow here) and I opted for the RWD, will take the cost savings and buy winter tires. No biggie.

The 1k miles isn't a big deal. Actually, it could be a plus because you know you aren't getting a lemon. Just have them touch up the paint and replace the windshield and it should be fine. As long as the dealer isn't dragging the car for fun, there shouldn't be any undue wear on the demo's engine.
I would disagree with this. If it's his demo, it's because he's hot-rodding it with every person he knows. It's not his car so he doesn't care. Imagine that it was a rental car. Would you buy a Stinger that was previously a rental car??? Yeah, neither would I. LOL

OP
N
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'm going to see about finding a non-demo. I was leaning more the way MurlinatoR is thinking anyway. Could be perfectly fine but no way to truly know and my OCD would bug me for the rest of the car's life. :D

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
I would disagree with this. If it's his demo, it's because he's hot-rodding it with every person he knows. It's not his car so he doesn't care. Imagine that it was a rental car. Would you buy a Stinger that was previously a rental car??? Yeah, neither would I. LOL
I suppose it could be, haha. I was thinking more like test drive miles, not dealer dragging it versus a Camaro SS miles *cough*. [wink]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I suppose it could be, haha. I was thinking more like test drive miles, not dealer dragging it versus a Camaro SS miles *cough*. [wink]
BWAHAHAHAHahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!

Perfect form, [MENTION=1065]BlaydeX15[/MENTION]! Well played. LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

LMAO

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Get the 19?, the 18? is limited to a lower top speed.
You are correct on the top speed. However I drove both and the 18" tires ride better. I myself am not hung up on ride quality for comfort but I've learned the harsher the ride is the quicker the squeaks and rattles show up. I hate hearing the car fall apart lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk