Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

INTEREST POST - 2 Piece Rotors for the BREMBO Kia STINGER

Trader history for NICK_KHARTUNERZ (0)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER 3.3TT GT1 AWD
The rotors feature the new sun cut design with aluminun 6061 T6 hard anodized hats.
The rotors are heat treated to 800C and weigh only 7.9KG which is a ton lighter than stock! Stock is 11.4KG. 4KG per corner which for rotational weight that is a factor of 3, so really saving 12KG per corner! Better heat dissipation, better braking.

Initial price point is 1300 for the pair
Front only

brake1.jpg

brake12.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Those are nice, but for 1,300 I personally would pass. If the rotors were bigger and included extension brackets to use the stock calipers then I would be interested.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yeah its up there in price. The bigger rotor idea is not a bad one however, keep in mind that by increasing rotor size you are also changing pad contact area.
I would be more interested on an actual BBK upgrade. Like a 6pot front and a 4pot rear conversion.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Those rotors are sexy, but too pricey for me. There are lots of 2 piece rotors on the market from companies like DBA, giro disk, and stoptech, for corvettes, evo's, mustangs, etc in the $700 - $900 range. I would prefer light, OEM size rotors to a BBK. The brembos are great and the reduced weight of the 2 piece rotors would be perfect.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Agreed! Sexy thangs! LOL

You can do a lot to your rig for $2,600. I mean, you're going to put those bad boys on the front and leave the rears looking ill....?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Yeah its up there in price. The bigger rotor idea is not a bad one however, keep in mind that by increasing rotor size you are also changing pad contact area.
I would be more interested on an actual BBK upgrade. Like a 6pot front and a 4pot rear conversion.
I would love a BBK upgrade but that is $$$. Our 4piston calipers are quite big when compared to example the 4piston on the Evo or STI. I am sure +/- 1inch bigger rotors with the stock caliper and caliper spacer with extended bolts can be done for slightly more than the rotor upgrade alone, but you will get better braking and cooling due to the bigger rotor and it will look better as well. This can be done to the rear also.

Here is an example of what I am talking about done for a 996 Porsche,

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/551864-girodisc-rotors-finally-installed.html

OP
N
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER 3.3TT GT1 AWD
Thread Starter #7
Agreed! Sexy thangs! LOL

You can do a lot to your rig for $2,600. I mean, you're going to put those bad boys on the front and leave the rears looking ill....?
1300 for the pair not per rotor