Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New car with problems

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Purchased on 3/24/18 a brand new Kia Stinger premium . on 5/21/18 it is in the shop day 2 with open air fuel pump issues. The car has 2333 miles on it and Kia is very slow with responding. Of course they don't have replacement part on site. Called kia consumer affairs to complain and open a case. It takes 3 days to even assign the case
Annoyed n overwhelmed ...is any else having fuel pump issues?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
First issue I've heard of. Did you get through to their special premium support number? They've set one up for Stinger owners. I called them with a question about the sound system fader constantly resetting back to the rear, and they actually sent me a $50 Visa gift card for my troubles. Also recently received a set if $130 Bluetooth headphones from the same group.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
I've seen this with first model year cars before unfortunately. Happened to me with a 2006 BMW 330i, first year of the F92 platform, and with a 2017 Golf R.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I agree and hope it's all minor and nothing else more serious.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
The paint on the hood of my sunset yellow GT is apparently peeling away. I thought maybe it was rock chips, but nope, there are no rock chips anywhere else.

The yellow paint is being away as small spots and expanding over time. Getting it checked out by the dealer. Just weird that there are no spots like it anywhere else on the front of the car otherwise I would have thought it was rock chips. I don't think they're rock chips.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
The paint on the hood of my sunset yellow GT is apparently peeling away. I thought maybe it was rock chips, but nope, there are no rock chips anywhere else.

The yellow paint is being away as small spots and expanding over time. Getting it checked out by the dealer. Just weird that there are no spots like it anywhere else on the front of the car otherwise I would have thought it was rock chips. I don't think they're rock chips.

[MENTION=776]sinrule[/MENTION] can you post some photos of the area? All these threads about paint peeling has gotten me worried. Need to know where to keep an eye on things.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Pointed out some of them. It's only on the hood and nowhere else. The service manager claimed it's rock chips because he saw some chips in the windshield. I only saw bug strikes on the windshield so I have no idea what he's talking about. I'm calling the special stinger hotline in a few days to figure this out.

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
(get a cash settlement and get the carbon fiber hood ;) )
[rockon]

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
The more I look at the hood, the more apparent it becomes... The hood is a different color from the rest of the car. I don't think it was finished painting from the factory...

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I have the same paint chipping issues too. Big chunk of paint chipped off right below the front KIA emblem.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I saw posted elsewhere that paint coming off but the primer remaining is indicative of a paint bonding issue. And that those cars that were built later didn't have the problem. Might check your build date and might call the Kia Concierge number. Personally, I'm monitoring the paint chip posts as I've noticed a couple but I'm not doing anything just yet. I'm waiting to see more of what Kia's doing for folks.

Sorry to hear about your other issues and I hope they get resolved to your satisfaction very soon!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I read that because the hood is aluminum the bonding techniques used were not satisfactory and this is the result. I have a similar spot on my hood. Starting to feel ill with some of the issues this car is having. Luckily I feel much better after launch control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I saw posted elsewhere that paint coming off but the primer remaining is indicative of a paint bonding issue. And that those cars that were built later didn't have the problem.
It would be nice if those with problems would also include the build dates of their cars. Mine is HiChroma Red GT2 built in Nov. 2017 and no problems.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
When was your car built? can you share?