Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I can confirm, my 2019 GT1 has the full manual mode when it's in Sport Mode. I forgot and took off and it STAYED in 1st all the way until the governor kicked in at redline. It didn't upshift like all the other cars when I do that. I was taken aback. I have the "cable-linked" regular shifter, not the e-tronic one. I prefer my shifter. It's definitely full-manual mode though. It was an accident because my car is hardly even broke-in yet, and I didn't mean to be so hard on it, so early in the game.

Staff Team 278 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola Grey View Post
    I can confirm, my 2019 GT1 has the full manual mode when it's in Sport Mode. I forgot and took off and it STAYED in 1st all the way until the governor kicked in at redline. It didn't upshift like all the other cars when I do that. I was taken aback. I have the "cable-linked" regular shifter, not the e-tronic one. I prefer my shifter. It's definitely full-manual mode though. It was an accident because my car is hardly even broke-in yet, and I didn't mean to be so hard on it, so early in the game.
    Did you have the shifter in the manual mode or had you used the paddle shifter to put it into manual mode?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12