Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Black Chrome Pieces

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What has everyone found to be the best method for keeping the black chrome plated plastic pieces on your cars shiny? When those parts are clean, they're beautiful but when they have streaks or water marks on them...not so much. I haven't tried much beyond just washing them and real mild cleaners and cloth.

tv3

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018Stinger GT2 Hichroma red
What has everyone found to be the best method for keeping the black chrome plated plastic pieces on your cars shiny? When those parts are clean, they're beautiful but when they have streaks or water marks on them...not so much. I haven't tried much beyond just washing them and real mild cleaners and cloth.
Meguairs Cleaner wax (in the purple bottle for the liquid version) works wonders and i agree when clean those pieces look great.

JoeSpiegel

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Has anyone Clear Bra covered the mirrors (black chrome) and if so does that stop the spider web like thing that covers them from happening? I?m scheduled for this next Tuesday and am wondering if this will stop the problem or make it worse?

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Has anyone Clear Bra covered the mirrors (black chrome) and if so does that stop the spider web like thing that covers them from happening? I?m scheduled for this next Tuesday and am wondering if this will stop the problem or make it worse?
I've had clear bra on mine since the first day I brought it home. The clear bra doesn't cover the entire mirror caps so it won't offer any protection against paint cracking.

JoeSpiegel

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Does it eliminate the webbing thing that happens? I'm guessing if you haven't seen it, it does. Before I took delivery it was covered in this web and a prep guy polished it right off but it returns.

Also, what part isn?t covered?

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Does it eliminate the webbing thing that happens? I'm guessing if you haven't seen it, it does. Before I took delivery it was covered in this web and a prep guy polished it right off but it returns.

Also, what part isn?t covered?
I haven't noticed any webbing on mine. I would say it covers about 80% of the mirror cap, mainly the front areas. Mine was a machine cut film, maybe you can ask for a custom cut which can cover the entire cap.

JoeSpiegel

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I haven't noticed any webbing on mine. I would say it covers about 80% of the mirror cap, mainly the front areas. Mine was a machine cut film, maybe you can ask for a custom cut which can cover the entire cap.
I?m thinking the clear bra is protecting it. The watermarks in the post is kind of what I?m referring to but it wasn?t raining. I?ll make sure to aske about total coverage. Thanks!

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I just used Meguiers Detailing Spray - looks good [^]

Zotto

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Pearl White Limited
I have PPF on the entire front of the car from day one(back in February). All Black Chrome is covered including mirrors and side vents and no webbing so far.

67GP

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
My wife's Pearl White Stinger GT
I painted mine Gloss Black and color matched the mirrors IMG_5187.jpg

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have tried a lot of different things and I found that rainx works best to stave off waterspotting.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Installed Xpel on the car including all black chrome. Shiny with no spotting at all.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
any liquid with water repellency properties will make it a lot less likely to get water spots.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I've been using Turtle Wax chrome polish and it buffs to a mirror shine. I usually go over it with whatever detail spray I use also. Works and looks great.

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
I'm not sure if they qualify as black chrome, but regarding the metal trim around the door windows: (at least on the GT1's, but I'm assuming all models are the same) has anyone noticed discoloration on these? Almost like a clear coat is failing? I have some spots on mine, and when I was looking at [used] cars to buy I saw a silver GT1 that actually had the clear coat peeling off.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm not sure if they qualify as black chrome, but regarding the metal trim around the door windows: (at least on the GT1's, but I'm assuming all models are the same) has anyone noticed discoloration on these? Almost like a clear coat is failing? I have some spots on mine, and when I was looking at [used] cars to buy I saw a silver GT1 that actually had the clear coat peeling off.
Yes big time.

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Mine looks like that too after a few months.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
When I waxed the car I went over the mirrors with the wax to see if it helps, it seems to still get spotting but a detailers spray and it comes right out looking good so I think having some protection on that helps, but the detailers spray seems to work pretty good.

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
Sooo, do you think it is an issue covered by warranty?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Sooo, do you think it is an issue covered by warranty?
I think its dependent on the dealer, some will probably replace under warranty.