Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Carnauba or a Polymer?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What wax do you use? A carnauba or a polymer wax?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I normally stick with carnauba.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I used Maguire's Gold Class carnuba/polymer paste wax. I think polymers last longer, carnuba's are reported to leave a better shine. Go figure.....

I used Black Magic liquid poly on my '05 GTO and it looks like new, but they haven't made that wax in several years.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I've recently switch from Pinnacle to 3D products.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Carnauba wax twice a year.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Hands down the best combo I've found is using Jescar Powerlock + paint sealant and then following up with two coats of Collinite 845 insulator wax. The look of the car is incredible after doing a full decon and polish. The hydrophobicity is also unreal. Water just doesn't want to stick. Usually lasts 7-9months for me with a normal washing routine of every week or two. Using Optimum Car Wax Spray as a drying aid helps keep a fresh light layer of wax on the car too.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hands down the best combo I've found is using Jescar Powerlock + paint sealant and then following up with two coats of Collinite 845 insulator wax. The look of the car is incredible after doing a full decon and polish. The hydrophobicity is also unreal. Water just doesn't want to stick. Usually lasts 7-9months for me with a normal washing routine of every week or two. Using Optimum Car Wax Spray as a drying aid helps keep a fresh light layer of wax on the car too.
Do you apply it by hand or rotary buffer?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Do you apply it by hand or rotary buffer?
I apply by hand with Adam's hex applicators, but it can totally be done with a DA/Rotary.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I apply by hand with Adam's hex applicators, but it can totally be done with a DA/Rotary.
Any DA buffer you recommend? It's too hot in TX to do it by hand lol.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Any DA buffer you recommend? It's too hot in TX to do it by hand lol.
Come on man! I'm here in Oklahoma. It's not that bad by hand. Definitely recommend doing any coatings, sealants, or waxing on cool panels in the shade. I did mine inside the garage.

But if you're wanting a DA, I think the best bang for the buck has to be a Torq with some high quality pads from Lake Country. I'd only use a fine polishing pad or a waxing pad to apply any sealants or waxes.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Come on man! I'm here in Oklahoma. It's not that bad by hand. Definitely recommend doing any coatings, sealants, or waxing on cool panels in the shade. I did mine inside the garage.

But if you're wanting a DA, I think the best bang for the buck has to be a Torq with some high quality pads from Lake Country. I'd only use a fine polishing pad or a waxing pad to apply any sealants or waxes.
haha fair enough. I don't have a usable garage so I think with a DA I can get it done faster and apply the wax more evenly.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
haha fair enough. I don't have a usable garage so I think with a DA I can get it done faster and apply the wax more evenly.
Understood! A DA will get the job done for sure. Both of those products I recommended should go on quite thin too. Just makes the removal way easier. Plus, more product on the panel would just be a waste.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The best waxes can go on in the sun. There is no reason to need for a carnuba/poly wax to "dry."

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT1 AWD
I only use Meguier products on my cars. For exterior I us hand glaze rather than machine glaze.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I used Car Guyz Polymer sealant and then put on a coat of Chemical Guys Butter Wet wax and it looks great. Very liquid shine.