Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Navigation Update

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
When my wife and I purchased our Stingers they were both two updates behind on the maps and software.
I called Kia and they sent out the two update cards and we received them in 4 days.
Anyone who isn't on version 12 should call and ask for the update!

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip.

OP
N
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
I also believe that the claim that these are VIN specific is not necessarily true. I was able to open the files including the APK that runs the installation and found no reference at all to the VIN number.
If I missed it somewhere, it would be easy enough to change with a basic APK editor.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
When my wife and I purchased our Stingers they were both two updates behind on the maps and software.
I called Kia and they sent out the two update cards and we received them in 4 days.
Did you call a dealership or Kia directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Did you call Kia customer support or the dealer?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Did you call Kia customer support or the dealer?
Where do you look to find out what Version you are on?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk