Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Question Regarding Stinger Offer

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Good morning everyone!

Just a quick initial question... Would you consider a base being offered to me at 34150 OTD a decent deal? I realize MSRP is 32800, but wanted some outside opinions.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully, my next post will include a picture of my new Stinger! [driving]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Good morning everyone!

Just a quick initial question... Would you consider a base being offered to me at 34150 OTD a decent deal? I realize MSRP is 32800, but wanted some outside opinions.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully, my next post will include a picture of my new Stinger! [driving]
TTL on a $33k car here in FL is about $2300. I wouldn't call this a good deal.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Good morning everyone!

What's the sale price of the vehicle before TTL?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Good morning everyone!

Bad deal. I will sell you the same car for $4,000 less by financing it through Kia or $7,400 less by leasing though Kia. Both of these you could pay off in a month's time without penalty.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone. I wanted to try to give my business to the salesman I worked with (whom I think is a good guy), but I've got to do the deal that works best for me as well. There's a number of other Kia dealers in the Tampa Bay area I can work with to get the Stinger I need at a price that's fair to everyone.

Appreciate everyones time!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks for the input everyone. I wanted to try to give my business to the salesman I worked with (whom I think is a good guy), but I've got to do the deal that works best for me as well. There's a number of other Kia dealers in the Tampa Bay area I can work with to get the Stinger I need at a price that's fair to everyone.

Appreciate everyones time!
At the end of the day the salesman isn?t making the payments. Go for the best deal.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #7
At the end of the day the salesman isn?t making the payments. Go for the best deal.
Amen. I've actually reconsidered getting a base Stinger at all. I have concerns about possible resale value... I'm currently the disappointed driver of a 2016 Acura ILX base (NO options), and that has really taken a toll on the vehicle's trade-in value. At this point I'm thinking it's best to either go Premium or GT for peace of mind.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #8
Thinking I may have found an initial offering that is too good to be true...

Using USAA car buying, have a preliminary quote on a blue GT RWD of $37653 after taxes, price includes the BS 'protection package' for 1895... which I won't pay. So more like $35753. This is before my military discount of 400 and down payment and whatever else I can try to negotiate.

So my question is does this seem legit? Seems to be a great price and the dealer providing the quote is highly rated.

Thanks!

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States

Using USAA car buying, have a preliminary quote on a blue GT RWD of $37653 after taxes, price includes the BS 'protection package' for 1895... which I won't pay
Just wondering, why do you think the driver assistance package is BS?

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I would also ask if this price they quoted you already has the 4800 dollar lease incentive deducted. If you add it back in you're close to msrp so that's why I'd ask them.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #11

Using USAA car buying, have a preliminary quote on a blue GT RWD of $37653 after taxes, price includes the BS 'protection package' for 1895... which I won't pay. So more like $35753. This is before my military discount of 400 and down payment and whatever else I can try to negotiate.

So my question is does this seem legit? Seems to be a great price and the dealer providing the quote is highly rated.

Thanks!
Not the Drive Wise package, sorry. The appearance/protection package... the whole pin stripe and nitrogen in tire shenanigans.
I'm waiting on a call or email from the internet sales manager now to determine what all was done to get the $4962 worth of savings. I'll update as soon as I hear something back.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #12
Too good to be true. Oh well.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Too good to be true. Oh well.
I JUST signed a lease for a GT after emailing my dealer's internet sales manager just like and got a good deal after I mentioned via email that I knew the invoice price and that I hoped to be around that price. After that email reply the internet sales manager asked me to come into the dealer and talk to their financing manager and we were able to agree on a price 500 above invoice. I guess my point is, before you give up make it known that you really do know the invoice price and they may be willing to negotiate with you. It shows you're an informed buyer and not someone they can push around.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #14
I JUST signed a lease for a GT after emailing my dealer's internet sales manager just like and got a good deal after I mentioned via email that I knew the invoice price and that I hoped to be around that price. After that email reply the internet sales manager asked me to come into the dealer and talk to their financing manager and we were able to agree on a price 500 above invoice. I guess my point is, before you give up make it known that you really do know the invoice price and they may be willing to negotiate with you. It shows you're an informed buyer and not someone they can push around.
I did. The actual dealer quote came back at 38,954. I asked if they would be willing to take 37450 (looking to negotiate, start low and compromise and all of that). They replied that their margin on the Stinger was too small, and I replied that I knew the invoice price and that dealers don't make money off of margins and asked once more if they'd take 37450. They said no, I thanked them for their time, and now I'm looking around again.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Damn, guess you're right, time to move onto the next dealer.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I did. The actual dealer quote came back at 38,954. I asked if they would be willing to take 37450 (looking to negotiate, start low and compromise and all of that). They replied that their margin on the Stinger was too small, and I replied that I knew the invoice price and that dealers don't make money off of margins and asked once more if they'd take 37450. They said no, I thanked them for their time, and now I'm looking around again.
You can always make a trip to the MidWest and get one from me. LOL

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
personally I think the base GT might have better resale value because it?ll appeal to more people.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
personally I think the base GT might have better resale value because it?ll appeal to more people.
In my experience, the used car market always leans heavily toward additional equipment on vehicles. I expect the GT1 to bring a couple of thousand more on resale than a GT.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
In my experience, the used car market always leans heavily toward additional equipment on vehicles. I expect the GT1 to bring a couple of thousand more on resale than a GT.
I meant to quote his decision between getting the Premium over the Base GT

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What's your opinion on how the market will respond to the limited edition Sunset yellow?

I wonder if all 500 have been sold it if there's still plenty left. Hope I didn't lose more value just by getting an undesirable color.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk