Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Question Regarding Stinger Offer

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What's your opinion on how the market will respond to the limited edition Sunset yellow?

I wonder if all 500 have been sold it if there's still plenty left. Hope I didn't lose more value just by getting an undesirable color.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I was wondering the same thing.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
What's your opinion on how the market will respond to the limited edition Sunset yellow?

I wonder if all 500 have been sold it if there's still plenty left. Hope I didn't lose more value just by getting an undesirable color.

First, I think that the market will grab up the Sunset if they don't bring it back for 2019. There is a market for bright sports cars. Resale is always stronger on limited production vehicles. I, in fact, am hoping that I can find a Sunset this fall when I purchase my Stinger.

As for availability, they made 400 of these cars in the AWD GT & GT2 and RWD GT & GT2. As of today, May 15th 2018, there are a total of 178 Sunset Yellow Stingers left to be sold in the US with the largest majority being the GT AWD.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Oh boy. I have an AWD GT, the least desired of the sunset yellows! Haha

I think it has to do with specific region. I think the AWD ones will do well in the North East where I am.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I know one or two are still available in the mid-Atlantic area (va-md-dc). At least this was the case a couple weeks ago when I was searching my local dealer inventories.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #25
I know one or two are still available in the mid-Atlantic area (va-md-dc). At least this was the case a couple weeks ago when I was searching my local dealer inventories.
There is a Sunburst GT at Regal Kia in Lakeland, Florida, for those who may be interested.

OP
G
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Acura ILX
Thread Starter #26
The hunt is over, I bought my Stinger this past Saturday! Micro Blue, AWD with Drive Wise, $36, 250 out the door. Absolutely love it, has been a blast these past two days with all the rain and thunderstorms. Will post pictures when no on a work computer. [biggrin][driving]