Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger with Keen Chip / Stock exhaust makes 363whp and 426lbft

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
This Stinger belongs to our good friend Jose [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION]
[video=youtube;17EsKekWuhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17EsKekWuhk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
????*?? Hi

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
How does this chip compared to the other ones you've ran? Mainly this vs. Racechip.
I haven?t ran the racechip but if someone wants to loan me one or send me one. I will be back at that dyno on Monday.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I haven?t ran the racechip but if someone wants to loan me one or send me one. I will be back at that dyno on Monday.
You ran the JB1 right? Is this chip better?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Looks like all the tuners are making similar horsepower. Any pricing announcements on this?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Very nice!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I noticed only the RaceChip and the JB1 tap into the cam sensor, I would assume this will mean more advance cam timing which will give a slight edge in power and better power band.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
I noticed only the RaceChip and the JB1 tap into the cam sensor, I would assume this will mean more advance cam timing which will give a slight edge in power and better power band.
The JB1 does not tap into the cam sensor.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The JB1 does not tap into the cam sensor.
Interesting, so only the RaceChip does. Would be nice to see a comparison with the rest.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
It's very difficult to know what you're gaining and where without the dyno charts themselves.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great comparison, hopefully someone can lend you their RaceChip to compare [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
It's very difficult to know what you're gaining and where without the dyno charts themselves.
There was a dyno posted in the video.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Great comparison, hopefully someone can lend you their RaceChip to compare [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION]
I would love to see some comparisons. Just allow me two comments:
  1. RaceChip-specific: Due to the spark plug issue, the default setting of our tuning is less agressive than usual. It can be improved by selecting the Race mode. However, if the spark plugs are re-gapped/replaced, we can increase the parameters even more. Our customer support will be glad to do this for you. So, the results will heavily depend on the conditions and the settings.
  2. My opinion in general: If you want reliable results, please use a dyno with proper cooling. Otherwise, the results won't be realistic. The ecu will lower the power automatically if the engine becomes too hot.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
  1. RaceChip-specific: Due to the spark plug issue, the default setting of our tuning is less agressive than usual. It can be improved by selecting the Race mode. However, if the spark plugs are re-gapped/replaced, we can increase the parameters even more. Our customer support will be glad to do this for you. So, the results will heavily depend on the conditions and the settings.
  2. My opinion in general: If you want reliable results, please use a dyno with proper cooling. Otherwise, the results won't be realistic. The ecu will lower the power automatically if the engine becomes too hot.
I agree with [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION], you should lend him a Tune for comparison.

Johnny B

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I am using the XLR along with the RaceChip GTS Black. I have my plugs gapped to .024 and am using 94 octane fuel. How can I obtain this even higher tune for race mode?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great observations. I would pass those on to [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] and advice him of the spark plug re-gap difference on the RaceChip Tune (I think he is already running with re-gapped spark plugs)
If you look at the videos it definetly looks like they have appropriate cooling setup for the Stinger (I counted 4 fans).

If memory serves right, aren't you guys opening a new store in California too? This could be beneficial to you guys.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Great observations. I would pass those on to [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] and advice him of the spark plug re-gap difference on the RaceChip Tune (I think he is already running with re-gapped spark plugs)
If you look at the videos it definetly looks like they have appropriate cooling setup for the Stinger (I counted 4 fans).

If memory serves right, aren't you guys opening a new store in California too? This could be beneficial to you guys.
I am running the HKS plugs but the 45 series which is one step colder than stock.

There are 5 fans total blowing air towards the vehicle. Enough air to blow you off your feet if you aren?t paying attention.

And yes really hoping there?s at least one person in so cal that can meet me and lend me their race chip. Having a comparison of all 4 chips on the same car on the same dyno would be great. I posted in Stinger Facebook groups but haven?t gotten one yet.

After Monday Stinger goes into another shop for some serious stuff and will both be gone for a few weeks AND will no longer be in the same condition as it is now so the even testing field won?t be there unless someone else gets their hands on this many chips and is willing to spend the $600(4 hours of dyno time. I leave enough time in between runs to allow a proper cool down as well) of their own money just to compare products.